Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gotta love Michael Waddel's honesty....lol >

Gotta love Michael Waddel's honesty....lol

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gotta love Michael Waddel's honesty....lol

Old 09-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Gotta love Michael Waddel's honesty....lol

ORIGINAL: patgrizzlyhunter

Well thanks Webster for clearing that up for me I was unsure of the meaning. ha
Any time
Old 09-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive got it Tivo'ed..ill have to check it out. But i agree with Rob and Dave. If you cant accurately shoot one, why take it to the woods? Im trying to shoot one cause i would like to harvest an animal with a recurve, but i wont be taking it to the tree till i can shoot it....might be a while
Old 09-10-2007, 03:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I would say with that miss he has no buisness in the woods with a recurve, he should stick with his compound and muzzleloaders.
I'm far from being a Waddell fanboy......but I have to stick up for him, here. I also watched an episode a few months back where he was hunting with a borrowed recurve (it did happen to be the same kind he shoots)....and took a nice buck with it. They showed his practice shots.......fine. I've also seen episodes where he's used the recurve with success. The shot.....left-to-right *(the big miss) was fine. He said he misjudged the distance.....and he shot over her.

As a newcomer to the traditional world.....I'm not going to be so hard on him. He didn't miss by as far as he said.

Carry on.....
Old 09-10-2007, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

I watched that lastnight and im like what the he!! was that!!! That does was pretty far out for one, at least everyone got a good chuckle out of it even Mike.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

WOW I just can't get over Rob agreeing with dmil. He!! just froze over LOL.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geez... I know more than a few guys who show up at the club the day before shotgun season and can't hit squat and I know a few more that don't shoot at all prior to the gun opener.You owe to yourselve and the game to be able to at least hit a barn door...
All you really have to do to see inept archers is go to your pro shop a day or two before the season opens and watching these guys trying to figure out that the bow they have not shot in a year is having problems. The problem is their last minute approach.
The second problem with the last minute stuff is the bow monkeys have no time to spare that close to season and really are not that sympathetic with them. Show up in June and they will spend all day with you...
Old 09-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah, i love watching Waddel, he is by far my favorite hunting show host. He is still down to earth and real. Not one of those guys that has been doing it so long and taken so many trophy animals that its just a job and boring to them. He is like one of your crazy ass huntin and drinkin buddies. I also like watching gettin close with lee and tiffany, basically just to check her out, damn, she looks good and hunts too what a combination.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

NO WAY ..... he missed they should show all there footage instead of just the footage of the kills like its so easy. I actually saw a show one time where its was everything but kills ...misses, bad hits , deer busting them, arrow falling off the rest...Very good show if I remember i will let ya know but it was like back to reality. I know I watch these shows and my boy and wife think if I dont come home with a deer Im stupid cause they make it look so easy on the shows.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: twildasin

I know I watch these shows and my boy and wife think if I dont come home with a deer Im stupid cause they make it look so easy on the shows.
Same here, what makes it worse is that before season my wife kids and I go riding in the woods and see deer almost every time, then when season opens and I dont kill one they think I'm a loser......... Its hard being a bowhunter........
Old 09-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: iowabob85

WOW I just can't get over Rob agreeing with dmil. He!! just froze over LOL.
LMAO.

Quick Reply: Gotta love Michael Waddel's honesty....lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.