HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   made friends with a MILLIONAIRE (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/206169-made-friends-millionaire.html)

Hoytail Hunter 09-09-2007 10:43 AM

made friends with a MILLIONAIRE

One of our construction contractors (Clay is hisname)that we supply materials to at workhas about 40 acres that he rarely ever touches because he's too busy making money. Last year, I got a look at his backyard and meant to but never worked up the courage to ask him to hunt it because I feared he'd want nothing to do with a lowly peasant like myself. Well this year I was determined, put my preconceived notions aside, and now have permission to 40 pretty much untouched acres. Oh, it also borders 60 county acres too so really I have 100 total.

You know, it's very humbling when a millionaire gives you the time of day(especially at 7am) to show you around and give you the keys to his backyard. He has a 4wd Kart that he even offered for me to use if I get a deer. He took me around in the Kart to show me the property then when we were done and in the middle of the woods, he offered to leave it with me so I could ride it back to the house when I was done setting up my spot. Yep, this millionaire offered to walk back throughtall wet grass and swarms of mosquitos justso I, someone he'd only met once before through work, could have a ride back. I was absolutely beside myself. Clay and his wife Lisa are great people that's for sure.

Behind this is where I'll be hunting. (this is just his garage btw)

Here's my spot

Clay showed me pictures of bucks that were in his yard this passed January and one of them has about a 2 foot spread. I'm pumped and can't wait til mid-season. Equally enlightening is that while some people get rich then get snooty, otherpeople remain as Clay and Lisa.

MOTOWNHONKEY 09-09-2007 10:51 AM

RE: made friends with a MILLIONAIRE

Good luck this season. Good people can have money too!

Mdbowhunter16 09-09-2007 10:51 AM

Wow sounds like you got it made now! 40/100 acres all to yourself. Cant beat that. Good to now there are still some decent rich folks around;)

tsoc 09-09-2007 12:35 PM

I am happy for you.Sounds like a great spot.Hard not to have respect for a successful person who is gracious and decent!

todd a smith 09-09-2007 03:16 PM

yeah.well be careful..we had a millionaire here in pa "dupont"..u know that name..allow people on
his property and wanted to wrestle them naked:) he went nuts and killed an olympic wrestler:)
im sure your guy is fine though...

nvshooter 09-09-2007 05:27 PM

Behind this is where I'll be hunting. (this is just his garage btw)

[/quote]

Thats bigger than my house!!! Congrats it's always nice to met good people. Good luck on the hunt.

twildasin 09-09-2007 05:45 PM

AWSOME that has got to be a good feeling ...remember to take care of your landowner!!

Airborneguy 09-09-2007 06:19 PM

Remember, we all put our pants on one leg at a time.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-09-2007 06:26 PM

Sounds great and you can tell him all the trespassers you run off cause I'm betting if he's rarely there, the trespassers are.;) Good luck

GMMAT 09-09-2007 06:33 PM

You give him the time of day all the time at work. You appreciate the gesture. You're likely doing him a favor by looking after his property while he's not there.

I'd say there's no need to be humbled. Sounds like a pretty good deal for all.Couteous, professionaland kind customer service is hard to come by. Sounds like a just reward.

Good luck with your new spot.