Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Unethical shot and won't even admit it! >

Unethical shot and won't even admit it!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Unethical shot and won't even admit it!

Old 09-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Unethical shot and won't even admit it!

well said hardcore
Old 09-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally i wouldnt have taken a head shot, and you said that it was your opinion, so therefor you are defenitely right.

There is no need for you to apologize
Old 09-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

kp (site admin)
Just a reminder and a warning about your first post. I was waiting on you to finish your 2nd.

These forums are not for character assassinations, back stabbing, fighting, POSTING LUDE, OR SEXUAL CONTENT. CURSING IS ABSOLUTELY FORBIDDEN!

kp
Jesus Christ no, NO CURSING, it is "absolutely forbidden"

but by all means... shoot at a 4inch moving target with a bow!

Anyone else get that twilight zone feeling while reading the general replies of the masses including those of theadminsat that site?

Old 09-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

head shot mentality is going to hurt dedicated bowhunters who are more responsibly andknowthats a unethical shot NO apology needed
Old 09-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

i wouldnt take the shot but "ethical" is in the eyes of the beholder. i shot a deer in the head (turned to lick itself when i fired the arrow) and went through both sides of its skull with a 50lb bow when i was younger. i wouldnt try for it but if he is confident in it who are we to tell him different. there are guys that shoot deer over 50yrds and as of two years ago id say they were unethical hunters but the last two years ive had a lot more practice time and am totally confident that under perfect conditions i can "ethically" kill at 50yrds or less. maybe itll catch up to him but dont take away somones ability to decide for themselves if its right or wrong, if they are good people theyll do whats right for them.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

To intentionally take a shot at a moving big game animal is wrong and should not be taken, looks like we all know that and they certainly don't. I hope like hell he doesn't try it on deer just because he thinks he can. I know everyone there is thinking hogs but I'm sure the young man will take the same shot on deer. Like hch said, no use aguing with a gomer and we're not going to change his way of thinking when others are on the bandwagon congratulating him. The admin should have politely corrected him immediately and not allowing what followed because it paints us all in a bad light. I hope that is a small site that and those that would use it to cause us harm do not find it.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 PM

Well, I waited to see what the general consensus was here before I made my final reply to him, and now I am done on posting on the subject to him. If a man does not have ethics by the time he is grown, it's likely he never will as long as he is unwilling to listen to others.

You see, I do know what kind of damage feral hogs do. It comes right out of my pocket as a landowner in hog country. I don't need anyone to preach that to me. However, when I pick up a bow I am sport hunting for the challenge,and as such place the highest priority on ethics. I love bowhunting hogs, maybe even more than deer, and it is a personal challenge I impose upon myself to beat the hog at his own game, and beat the restrictions I put upon myself.

I do engage in population control hunts on occasion to help alleviate crop damage. When I do that, I use the appropriate weapon which is a large bore rifle, set up for fast and dirty work. At that point, all bets are off. It is population control, it is killing, not hunting as we so often talk about it. A 3000 fps, 180 grain controlled expansion bullet through the brain is a little different story than an arrow. Or 12 ga. slugs as you fly creek bottoms in a helicopter, flushing and shooting. You probably have to have done that kind of work before to really understand it. Hogs are an introduced species. They are invasive. They destroy crops AND native habitat/species. They must be controlled.

But as a game animal, using archery tackle, they deserve respect. Either way, I am not out to risk maiming an animal. Either way, my intention is to kill it, quickly and effectively. Head shot with a bow meets none of the criteria on my list. It is a boy burning grasshoppers with a magnifying glass. Hopefully he will grow out of it, like most boys do.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:19 PM

You can add me to the list with Lunger. PM me with the results of your next hunt. I think you should keep posting, sounds like 99% of us approve! John

Well in my oppinion 99% of them either didn't know what they were talking about or were morons. I don't have to deal with hogs and if I did maybe my oppinion would be different. Critr-GitrI'd stick to hunting.net its full of experienced people who really know their stuff I know I've learned a lot just reading posts from different members.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:58 PM

In defense of TexasBoars, alot of them over there really do know their stuff when talking about hunting hogs. Unfortunately, many of those replying weren't even bowhunters or very experienced members. They are applying rifle tactics to a bow and not realizing they are wrong. There is one guy over there who is in the hospital right now that would have been completely on my side, and probably would have changed the whole outlook of the post. He has killed hundreds of hogs with a bow and would have backed me if he had been there, but oh well. Such is life.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:13 PM

The way I look at it if you are that good to shoot a animal in the head go right a head butI dont wanna hear your wining , not spelled right im sure , when you miss or wound it lol . I am not that good with a bow . Only time I would shoot a animal like a deer or hog in the headis if I had a 12 ga buckshot and it was 10 15 yard shot .

Quick Reply: Unethical shot and won't even admit it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.