Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video) >

Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)

Old 09-06-2007, 03:56 PM

Default RE: Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)

I'm thinking I didn't see the same video clip we're talking about maybe.......But the one I saw was a young kid that shot a buck on a feeder, at close range. When they found the animal, it had CLEARLY been shot by a rifle......I've never in my life seen the side of a deer blown out like that from a bow shot.......never.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know about you but when I scrolled down the page,I got real thirsty.

I don't condone shooting tame animals and calling it hunting but it doesn't make me sick.As long as the animal is being used.

This is probably a high fenced area as well and the deer are not SUPPOSED to be eligible for the books.

We all eat slaughtered cattle and they are killed for human consumption.This animal was killed for human consumption as well,they just put a tag on it and CALLED IT HUNTING,which it clearly is not.It is killing an animal.

No need to get all upset about it.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Wow the things people do amaze me.[:'(]
Old 09-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I'm thinking I didn't see the same video clip we're talking about maybe.......But the one I saw was a young kid that shot a buck on a feeder, at close range. When they found the animal, it had CLEARLY been shot by a rifle......I've never in my life seen the side of a deer blown out like that from a bow shot.......never.
I'm with ya on that one , the video i saw showed kid put arrow in a tame deer from 8-10ft . But thedeer they found was obviously shot by the guy in the tree blind ,which you see near the pickup . It looked like the arrow had been placed in the wound , not good , not clever , definately a bad way to introduce kids to bowhunting . I think the reason for the music was to cover the sound of the rifle . Lame IMO .

Dave
Old 09-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

It's possible that after the shot(lacking penetration)the dad put some lead through the deer as it limped off. Afterall, the video did show a guy getting out of a treetop blind.

Then again, it's also possible that from thrashing about the deer could've done that to himself. Below is a pic of a buck that I hit high because the arrow hit a small branch on its way to the deer. It hit him just under the spine and from running and thrashing, this is what happened.

Old 09-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deleted for skirting the profanity filter.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:53 PM

profile set to private now. can't even access it.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

More positive advertisement for Aftershock Archery, they are the same company that the guy takes the 74 yard bow shot at the bear![:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 09-06-2007, 08:20 PM

As a teenager I think that the kid had nothing to do with the hunt other than do what his dad said. When a child is forced into hunting they are not doing it to hunt, they are doing it to kill. Even if they still hunt now they probaly think that its all about the kill when its about the pursuit. Its not the destination you reach, its how you get there is how people should look at hunting. If you hunt for the kill your not hunting. If you put many hours in scouting and shooting then you sit in your stand all day and inthe last hour legal shooting a nice deer walks by and you put a good shot on itthen goes 40 yards. This is hunting. I was not forced to hunt. My dad does not hunt so I dont havea mentality to kill. I want to get my first bow deer with some pride.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BowHunterJim

As a teenager I think that the kid had nothing to do with the hunt other than do what his dad said. When a child is forced into hunting they are not doing it to hunt, they are doing it to kill. Even if they still hunt now they probaly think that its all about the kill when its about the pursuit. Its not the destination you reach, its how you get there is how people should look at hunting. If you hunt for the kill your not hunting. If you put many hours in scouting and shooting then you sit in your stand all day and inthe last hour legal shooting a nice deer walks by and you put a good shot on itthen goes 40 yards. This is hunting. I was not forced to hunt. My dad does not hunt so I dont havea mentality to kill. I want to get my first bow deer with some pride.

Sounds like you have got a good head on your shoulders when it comes to hunting. Keep it up!

Quick Reply: Do kids really know right from wrong?? (Amazing video)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.