Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Incredible Game Cam Action Shot - not a debate on baiting thanks >

Incredible Game Cam Action Shot - not a debate on baiting thanks

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Incredible Game Cam Action Shot - not a debate on baiting thanks

Old 09-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Incredible Game Cam Action Shot - not a debate on baiting thanks

Thats the pic of the year.Good one. CONGRATS!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:54 PM

that is unreal! it's a picture contest winner
Old 09-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks similar to the 8 year olds hunt that everyone was complaning about. I have no problem with it, nice shot.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Rick James...thanks for the heads up and the back up, but looks like they already shut down the thread. You see, that's why I was a little apprehensive about posting it anywhere, but I figure enough of you have heard me over the years and heck you get a pic like that and you have to show someone. It's not photoshopped at all. I cropped it to take out the date, which was off by one week to keep me from entering into that discussion, but other than that that it is exactly the way I downloaded the picture. I still can't believe it myself.

So, whether you believe it or not, there you have it. It is possible to catch the shot on cam, if everything falls just perfectly. And for the record, since one of those yahoos off AT bashed the shot...just 1/2" above the heart, double lunged. Hit the opposite side leg and broke. Not bad for 28 yards, first deer of the year.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

What a bunch of jerks over on AT, unbelievable.[:'(] At least this forum has class....

That thread even got locked.

And for the guy who took the picture over there from here, you should have taken them all or explained it, not that it would have done any good because even with the link provided, half those guys were still huge jerks.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Site Bouncer

Well........First congrats on the deer, you made a great shot. Second, to capture it on film is absolutely amazing, great sequence of shots. Third, I know it's legal in your state to feed and hunt over feeders and I'm not posting here to berate you for doing it.....it's just not my kind of hunting.

I just got through a whole post on Bow vs Gun and most who responded "towed the company line" and said how bow hunting is the end all when it comes to skill and difficulty..............Sorry Kelly but I'd rather take a 50 yard broad side shot with my slug gun at a free roaming deer than shoot a deer over a feeder. Where is the sense of accomplishment with it? Is the fact that you used your bow make it some how more difficult? I thought bow hunting was about scouting and finding the deer so youcan get in close and take a shot. I haven't changed my shot gun stand in 12 years on my property, why? Because it's over a field and I have ability to reach out to different distances in order to get a shot.

My bow stands and pistol stands change every year because I scout out where the deer are moving and set up accordingly so I can get in close. With a feeder there is no need for scouting, just set it up and the deer will come to you! Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Ok rant over......I don't want to turn this into a huge deal but I just had to get that off my chest and maybe this post might get you (or others) to think differently. I'm happy for you (really) and wish you much more success for the rest of the season.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Bartender

Dang I am a jerk here. I agree with bigj on this one.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

BigJ12,

No offense taken to your post. I respect your opinion and like I said I didn't want to debate it. I know that many even people who I hunt with are not in favor of hunting over a baited area and honestly, I wasn'treally going out to take the buck, which I had a high suspicion would show up, but I did. I do use the feeder to thin out does, which is needed in my neck of the woods and really don't consider it difficult given my deer density. I'm not looking for approval or thatta boy, because I know it's not a difficult hunting situation and respect that, especially early season. I don't tout myself as the epitime of a hard core bowhunter, although it's the only weapon I choose to hunt with.But it is a reality of hunting in various parts of the country, including Ky and Ks which I hunt. So, I really do appreciate your post. But, I had to post it here where I hang out most fequently and take the chance that some may not share similar opinions or care for it. I hope you understand. I respect all my fellow huntingnet members and their opinions. Well, all except Buckeye, but that goes way back.......kidding Scott.

Kelly
Old 09-06-2007, 04:29 PM

Your start off with this........

ORIGINAL: BigJ12
......and I'm not posting here to berate you for doing it.....it's just not my kind of hunting.
And then go right into this.....
I just got through a whole post on Bow vs Gun and most who responded "towed the company line" and said how bow hunting is the end all when it comes to skill and difficulty..............Sorry Kelly but I'd rather take a 50 yard broad side shot with my slug gun at a free roaming deer than shoot a deer over a feeder. Where is the sense of accomplishment with it? Is the fact that you used your bow make it some how more difficult? I thought bow hunting was about scouting and finding the deer so youcan get in close and take a shot. I haven't changed my shot gun stand in 12 years on my property, why? Because it's over a field and I have ability to reach out to different distances in order to get a shot.

My bow stands and pistol stands change every year because I scout out where the deer are moving and set up accordingly so I can get in close. With a feeder there is no need for scouting, just set it up and the deer will come to you! Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Ok rant over......I don't want to turn this into a huge deal but I just had to get that off my chest and maybe this post might get you (or others) to think differently. I'm happy for you (really) and wish you much more success for the rest of the season.
Don't make any sense to me? Kelly asked that this not be a debate thread, just wanted to show us a cool pic. If you dislike his method then move on, but try not and ruin it for him. I am sure there is a very large number of deer that will be taken in the contest this year over a feeder, but the hunter will leave that part out. Kelly had the guts to post what others will not IMO.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

One in a million!

Quick Reply: Incredible Game Cam Action Shot - not a debate on baiting thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.