Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which Bow?

Old 09-04-2007, 10:50 AM

Default RE: Which Bow?

Looks like I should have started this adventure several months ago. Oh well, i'll start looking now and be ready come next year. Thanks again for all the input. I'll keep you all posted as to what happens.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:21 AM

go with the new pse x force it fast smooth and quite if you dont want to spend around 700$ dont even shoot it cause you will fall in love with it
Old 09-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

Mathews - smoothest bows I've shot. I love my Switchback.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:42 AM

Don't decide on a bow until you have shot all of them that you can. Once you have decided, then try to find one that is slightly used. Guys are always upgrading thier setups and you can find some nice used bows on this site or look at ebay. If you have to save up a little longer to get what you want, do it so that you are happy with your new bow. Check out the diamond line from Bowtech. If you can't afford a Bowtech then the Diamond is the way to go
Old 09-05-2007, 02:06 PM

I have a Matthews Feathermax which I bought 11 years ago. From 1993 until about 2000 most of the bows you see today were based on technology that came out during that period. All the bow companies were experimenting a little. Matthews led the way on most of that technology that all the companies are trying to imitate in some form or another. In fact from 1994 until about 2002, most of the features that are now standard on many bows, were showing up on Matthews bows first.

Now there are a lot of good bows. If I didn't hunt with a Matthews, I would try a PSE. Hoyt and Bear make good bows. Alpine makes a good bow. I have shot a lot of them. But for me, Matthews is it. Its the smoothest bow I've ever shot, its fast, and its compact. If I bought a new bow today, I'd try a Switchback, but my Feathermax is plenty good for another 10 years and I'll pass it along to my son as his first bow.