Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

IOWA OUTFITTERS

Old 09-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default IOWA OUTFITTERS

Looking for a little help from the forum. Already got BuellHunter from Double Lung doing a little research for me and I appreciate his help. Looking for information from any of the members here who may have used an outfitter in Iowa over the last 3 years for archery hunting. PM me or email me or share it with the forum. I would be looking for contact information, your experience, the quality of the hunting, the accomodations and pricing. Planning on going to Iowa in the fall of 2008 if successful in drawing a tag. If not I'll add another preference point and wait till 2009. Thanks Mike
Old 09-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Banned

Default RE: IOWA OUTFITTERS

No need for an outfitter(High fence)but if you feel the need and have a deep pocketbook, here you go. I lived in IA until a month ago. There is lots of public land available and private ground isn't too hard to secure as a bowhunter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYz4KLyqiwo
Old 09-03-2007, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

That ranch looks ridiculous..but holy crap on the prices for a trophy....seems a little greedy to me, but they do have some amazing bucks. is it free range or a high fence operation?
Old 09-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

High fence you can even use a rifle doesnt seem like huntin to me shotin penned deer
Old 09-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Banned

High fence. I have heard others say $12,000 grand.

Rifles aren't allowed in IA for deer, except there is a special late season in which does are allowed to be shot with high powers in the southern tiers of counties.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

If you draw a tag just gimme an email, as I posted in another thread I hunt land that boarders their freerange zone. If you look at the map on the other thread the zone thats directly boardering our property hunting is a bedding area, the deer travel from there and walk the levee to the fields. My gpa has taken 3 bucks in the last 4 years that went 140+ in this area, my brother also got a 130 inch, and the other piece of freerange thats on the bluff my dad got his 147 inchbuck. However I have no guarantees its all luck, I just enjoy the company of hunting with friends.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: bassman417
However I have no guarantees its all luck, I just enjoy the company of hunting with friends.
Well said. I feel the same about buddies that want me to take them elk hunting here in the future.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

I don't mind paying for the use of the land or a bedroom, but I'll be damed if I would ever spend that much money to shoota whitetail deer that is pen raised and bottle fed!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

If you want to hunt here next year and draw a tag just let me know. Room could possibly be arranged, if not the hotels are fairly cheap. We are all friends here, well most of us, Im not charged to hunt this land and my local friends can hunt it for free when we're with them, so other than the possible hotel fee and licenses its a free offer. I also have some other land to hunt to give these deer a break, and the genetics their are pretty good too if not better in some spots. On the land in the picture I took a 4.5 yr old 5pt that might have score 50 inches, but the only small bucks we've seen this year were young. I also have about the best cover scent available, just walk through our deer pen and get some poo on yer boots, pet the deer a bit and let em rub on ya. You wont get winded ever. Just let me know if ya draw a tag, Im no guide or expert but I put deer in the truck every year. Ive rattled for my brother and my cousins boyfriend as well when they ask. Im no guide, just a helper and fellow hunter.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

Wow, thanks for the invites guys! I would much rather hunt private land, do a little scouting and hand a stand on my own to shoot a buck.That goes for my partners as well.I don't like paying for an outfitter but sometimes one does not have a choice. Ultimately we would like to find a farmer that would let us come on a regular basis when we draw. If any of you is interested in black bear or deer in the Adirondacks of NY maybe we can work out a trade sometime! If we draw next year, rest assured we are going to be doing some conversing!

Quick Reply: IOWA OUTFITTERS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.