HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Archery range @ home (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/205528-archery-range-home.html)

maks_daddy 09-03-2007 06:17 PM

Archery range @ home

Ever since i've moved from the country to the city i haven't shot by bow once. i don't plan on hunting untill i've gotten more knowledge, a spot and equipment to hunt(Rocky Mtns) but the other day i was in my basement and after measuring the length (roughly 11 yards) I thought about putting in an archery range in my basement. what do u guys think? if anyone else has done think let me know(PM) or if you guys have any tips, or suggestions let me know, I'm not sure what type of material to use for a backdrop but i'll be shooting at the Block. any tips, ideas, material suggestions would be helpful

Kanga 09-03-2007 06:20 PM

RE: Archery range @ home

I'm not sure what type of material to use for a backdrop but i'll be shooting at the Block.
1/4" steel plate is a real good back stop;):):D

passthru79 09-03-2007 06:21 PM

I like in the city and driving out to my parents everytime I want to shoot my bow can be a pain. Last winter I set up a range in my basement, I could bet about 12 or 13 yards I think. All I did was buy an american whitetail brand bag target that is I think 36" by 36" maybe a bit bigger than that and it only cost like $40. Ive been shooting at it since last winter and still havent had an arrow pock through the backside.

Buck_Slayer 09-03-2007 06:43 PM

I paper tuned my old bow in our old apartment...I would stand in the bathroom and shoot into the kitchen. haha, my girlfriend asked me what the hell i was doing

bassman417 09-03-2007 06:57 PM

I have about11yd shot in my basement, concrete wall for a backstop. You will certainly improve on torquing your bow when you shoot at the bullseyes in the corner of the target. I also have a setup in our hallway thats only 8 yds. Nothing wrong with shooting in the house as long as everyone knows youre shooting, and you keep pets out of the way.

gamespooker 09-03-2007 07:42 PM

i love it, you guys are pretty die-hard

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-03-2007 07:46 PM

Over the winter I shoot in my basement. My Log home is 50' long, diag across I get just over 16 yards.

I shoot into my Morrell bag, A Morrell bag is a quick easy target for you and you can take it with you.

JeramyK 09-03-2007 08:17 PM

I have about a 17 yard shot when I shoot in the basement. I just open the door that leads into my garage for the extra distance. But I only do this when I have the vehicle out of the garage and then I pull the plug on the garage door opener so that nobody can enter. I don't get too concerned with grouping. I just do it to keep my muscles in shape.

my7pointmonster 09-03-2007 08:20 PM

my basement is 15 yards, i shoot with a couple pillows behind the target, our blackhole is pretty shot up so at those ranges the pillows REALLY take affect..
Ryan.

09mjl01 09-03-2007 08:24 PM

never thought about it. i think i could get like 17-20 yards in my basement.