HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/205429-cool-video-74-yd-shot-bear.html)

thehairlessone 09-03-2007 05:52 AM

Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear

I just saw this on myspace. Thought it was neat
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.channel&ChannelID=12 0951810

rick

m00sedrool 09-03-2007 06:38 AM

RE: Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear

Personal opinion: what an idiot to take a shot like that, then admit it was a marginal hit in the guts. If they don't have dogs, they probably don't even find that bear. Ridiculous.

Arjuna 09-03-2007 07:00 AM

I agree m00sedrool. That kind of shot and then the justification makes us look bad. Its not even good advertising for Aftershock. JMHO

IUSEPSE 09-03-2007 07:01 AM

Not to keen on the prospect of taking a 70 plus yard shot at a bear. To many things can go wrong. That bear heard the arrow coming through the air and was checking out. Guess that is why it hit the belly area. Not to ethical even if you can shoot that far at a target IMHO.

Diesel77 09-03-2007 07:27 AM

I dont know anything about the shooter or his skills so its hard to completely flame the shot.Butfor the typical shooter thats nota very ethical or responsible shot thats for sure. Good thing they had tracking dogs. Glad they recovered the bear.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-03-2007 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: m00sedrool

Personal opinion: what an idiot to take a shot like that, then admit it was a marginal hit in the guts. If they don't have dogs, they probably don't even find that bear. Ridiculous.
I have to agree. It's obvious he couldn't make the shot because if he could have, he would have. Way to many variables to go wrong on a very alert animal. Very poor decision to take the shot, very poor decision to video that shot, very poor decision to brag about the shot, very poor shot placement, very poor advertisement and very lucky hunter who should be thankful for tracking dogs.

Red Boar 09-03-2007 07:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: m00sedrool

I have to agree. It's obvious he couldn't make the shot because if he could have, he would have. Way to many variables to go wrong on a very alert animal. Very poor decision to take the shot, very poor decision to video that shot, very poor decision to brag about the shot, very poor shot placement, very poor advertisement and very lucky hunter who should be thankful for tracking dogs. I'm thinking of writing the broadhead co.
Couldn't of said it better...good post. Hunters come under enough scrutiny without adding fuel to the fire.

hardcorehunter 09-03-2007 07:32 AM

Cool Video, and a Bowtech Guardian nonetheless.:D It definately shows why the speed of sound at 1128 fps can't be beat even with the fastest and quietest bow.

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-03-2007 07:44 AM

Not a bad looking broadhead tho. I was going to try one for free as advertised on their website until I saw the.....$7.95 for shipping and handling...LOL[&:];)[8D]

meh101465 09-03-2007 07:46 AM

poor guy ..maybe he can get close next time . you can drive a car with your foot , but that dont mean you should .

we're all presented with marginal shots , using good judgment is sometimes clouded by the need to fill a tag, or in some cases , to make a video .

i've seen more than one video where the guy makes a bad shot.........one in perticular the guy says it was a bad shot , but its the only one i had . I dont watch this guy any more.