Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Thermacell's In Archery Season >

Thermacell's In Archery Season

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thermacell's In Archery Season

Old 09-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thermacell's In Archery Season

I've had deer right under my stand during archery season and had deer walk up to within yards during spring turkey season without spooking from my thermacell. I just bought 3 more, I never want to be without one.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:25 PM

Exactly as JeramyK says.....

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

I don't think twice about using my Thermacell during archery season. I too have had deer walk right under my stand while I've had the Thermacell turned on. The way I see it is that whether you use it or not you are playing the wind because of scent reasons. So the wind is also going to direct any odor from the Thermacell away from the deer.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:54 PM

As a native Floridian, I have hunted and fished in some of the worst mosquito infested areas you can imagine. The thermacell is a Godsend! The first year they came out, a buddy bought me one and boy, do I owe him! I've still got that original, you have to light it with a match or lighter. I have killed a multitude of deer, hogs and turkeys with it at my side and have never to my knowledge had an animal spook from the odor. Fire it up, give it about five minutes and you're mosquito free. Don't think it's working? Shut it off and see. Makes a pretty good body heater without the pad in cold weather too.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

It works outside under my carport but, this is going to be the first season i hunt with it.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:29 PM

Year before last I was hunting one evening with my thermocell. I had three does come inside 10 yards with a slight breeze blowing thethermocell smoke that direction. They stayed there browsing for a long time and they never new I was there, mesquito free. I wont go in the woods with out one!
Old 09-02-2007, 11:14 PM

i plan on bying one to use this season how much do they cost i know this is off subject but i shoot alot of 3-d an all the guys use them you can stand next to them an it works an they swear by them