Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How do you guys stay awake on the stand >

How do you guys stay awake on the stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How do you guys stay awake on the stand

Old 09-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How do you guys stay awake on the stand

Why in the world would you fight sleep??.....lol

I LOVE a cat-nap in my Summit climber. A good, 10-15 min. nap in my treestand is.....well....if you do it, too....you know how good it can be.

I wouldn't fight it for anything.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Just the thought of not being at work keeps me awake cause I don't want to spend my day off doing nothing if the chance comes around to do something like shoot a deer! Wow, that's a mouthful! LOL
Old 09-02-2007, 10:42 PM

ITS EASY TO STAY AWAKE,THE TRICK IS RELIVE MEMORIES OF PAST HUNTS AND TRY AND VISUALIZE WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN FOR YOU TODAY
Old 09-02-2007, 10:58 PM

never had a problem with that i would say just fight it an dont
Old 09-03-2007, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I get real tired on stand, but I'm there a day, (dark-dark) if needed. Staring and sitting still is a killer for me. Doesed many a day away beforeif I took along my little friends and I never go without them. Each pill is equivelant to4 cups of coffee in caffine amounts and I take 2 at a time, often just once a day.

No-Doze is great! It doesn't make me jittery at all, just very alert. Give it a try. Nothing will get by you. Every scence is alert.

Really can't believe more guys don't use them and or some company hasn't tried to market a similar product for hunters. Of course they would cost more in a camo bottle.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:32 AM

ORIGINAL: nodog

I get real tired on stand, but I'm there a day, (dark-dark) if needed. Staring and sitting still is a killer for me. Doesed many a day away beforeif I took along my little friends and I never go without them. Each pill is equivelant to4 cups of coffee in caffine amounts and I take 2 at a time, often just once a day.

No-Doze is great! It doesn't make me jittery at all, just very alert. Give it a try. Nothing will get by you. Every scence is alert.

Really can't believe more guys don't use them and or some company hasn't tried to market a similar product for hunters. Of course they would cost more in a camo bottle.
I have always been a morningperson so staying awake in the mornings is generally pretty easy, its that mid-day lull in the activity that gets mehead bobbing. Depending on how tired I may just drink some wateror sip from a soda, otherwise,I will agree, No-Doze pills are great. I figured if they can get me through three boring lectures here at school they have to work out in the woods too. Also, take a pill or two and a drink a coke for great headache relief.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

It doesn't occur that often but if I am that tired where I can't seem to stave it off I cinch my full body harness so short that I can't come offthe platform.The thought of missing an opportunity or at being so restricted since my strap is so tight is usually enough to keep me alert.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:06 AM

evry time i get tired i test my safty harness.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Get to bed early. I wake up early enough to shower and eat breakfast, that really helps staying warm and awake. Take snacks/drinks with you and eat a bite when you feel alittle tired. I do like to stand when I am out there I will usually stand for 30-45 min then sit for 5 min.

It is easier to stay awake when I hunt in Illinois just knowing the prize vs when I am hunting in NY or Pa.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hate getting up early in the morning, but never have trouble staying awake in the morning. Afternoon is a different story, though, and I usually tie myself in and get a good nap. I'm a light sleeper, though and just about any sound will bring me around. The good stuff usually doen't start til about half an hour before sun down anyway and I'm on full alert then.

Quick Reply: How do you guys stay awake on the stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.