Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer thief

Old 09-01-2007, 07:34 PM

Default RE: deer thief

Actually 8mm, if you hunt different states around the midwest, yes, you shouldknow the laws in the different states you hunt. You must only hunt Ky which is fine however, if you hunted another state I would hope you made yourself familiar with their laws.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

that sucks especialy for your first

[/align]
Old 09-01-2007, 09:38 PM
8mm
Typical Buck

i plan on going an getting me one in the morning i hope. An i am sorry if i up set any one with my eariler post i was just ticked off about the hole deal an if u wanna get on my grammer an punctuation thats fine i see no need for it when i am typing stuff on here
Old 09-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

I would say this, when the guy got back to his truck after dragging the deer out, he might have a couple of flat tires.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

You need to report both the game warden and the fella who took your deer immediately if what you say is true. First the guy was hunting illegally carrying a sidearm while bowhunting. Second, if the game warden knew the guy was carrying a sidearm, the warden was not doing his job.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just dont get yourself in trouble over a deer. It's not worth it. You get caught cutting tires or something you will be the one in deep crap. Yes the guy is a scum bag but dont lower yourself to his level.

What area was you hunting....was it a WMA.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:05 PM

HMM , Is it legal to be hunting deer during archery season while carrying a bow and a gun ??
Not legal in my State ,,
If so I,d inform the Game warrden and at least the free loader will have some explaining to do or maybe even tickets and a lost license ???
Old 09-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

KARMA!!! youll have something good happen dont worry. people like that shouldnt be allowed to hunt
Old 09-02-2007, 02:31 AM
Typical Buck

best weapon in such cases is a decent digital camera. You get the sucker's picture, the deed he done and you can show it to everyone on HNI, put it on the wall of your favorite proshop or at the game warden's office,nothing better than a little evidence.
Even better is a cam with a video feature, then you can go "youtube" all the way.....
And trust me, a videocamera is a far greater weapon than a sidearm or a bow....sure it doesn't kill deer or upset bowhunters, but it can kill a carreer or even throw down a governement...

good luck next time.....but as most of you know Karma's a m0therF.....

F.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:42 AM

ORIGINAL: 8mm

ORIGINAL: footballplaya

I'm not sure what makes me more angry, the fact about the deer or the poster making one LONG sentence. But that sucks. However, I'm calling BS because you can't legally have a handgun in KY while bowhunting and he would have been ticketed. Sorry, I calls em' as I sees em'.
an i am glad that a mississippi boy keeps up on kys laws must be a heck of a man to keep up with all them laws do yall in mississippi go by ky laws or just make up ur own as u go cause that would seem like alot on a fella to try to keep up on every states law
No, not every state. However, beinga law enforcement officer myself I have a hard time believing that the warden did not ticket him. If in fact this story is true, sign an affidavit on the guy for what happened. You can "make out papers" on someone for literally anything, so take him to court. If he wants the deer, make him earn it. Shooting holes in his tires or pulling his valve stems would be stupid. You would be convicted and there would be no reconciliation on your part. If your going to mess him up, do it right. Put sugar/moth balls in his gas tank. Something that no one can pin a time on so they can't prove it was you. For that matter isn't the warden issued a truck as well? If in fact this did happen, I apologize.
Lastly, it is VERYpossible the warden overlooked the firearms. I've personally missed a sidearm on someone(it's a humbling experience, let me tell ya) so I know it can be done. Yes, even if they are carrying in a holster on their hip. Maybe he kept his hip angled away from the warden. I don't know, I wasn't there. If I were you, I'd wait a couple of weeks and then really tear the guy a new one. I wouldn't do it right now because it will come back to haunt you. But thats just my opinion, take it for what it's worth and it's only worth what you paid for it.

Quick Reply: deer thief

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.