Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer thief

Old 09-01-2007, 04:10 PM
8mm
Typical Buck

Default RE: deer thief

ORIGINAL: footballplaya

I'm not sure what makes me more angry, the fact about the deer or the poster making one LONG sentence. But that sucks. However, I'm calling BS because you can't legally have a handgun in KY while bowhunting and he would have been ticketed. Sorry, I calls em' as I sees em'.
an i am glad that a mississippi boy keeps up on kys laws must be a heck of a man to keep up with all them laws do yall in mississippi go by ky laws or just make up ur own as u go cause that would seem like alot on a fella to try to keep up on every states law
Old 09-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe that the “rule of first blood” has actually been held up in court before – not sure what state or states it was tried in? Problem is that it turns into your word against his.

I pulled this from the NBEF bow hunting book:

Rule of First Blood:

“The First hunter to place an arrow in an animal’s vital area, which draws enough blood to leave a trackable trail, and thus has a good chance of bringing the animal to his or her possession, may claim the animal. Conversely, if the first hunter feels that the wound was superficial in nature and recovery of the animal was not likely, that hunter should give up claim to the game if another hunter brings it to the ground”
Old 09-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well it was Kentucky - gotta kind of expect this kind of stuff.

I'm suprised no one said they would have knocked the barefoot fella's tooth out!

[:-]
Old 09-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a moron. I bet he felt all big and bad STEALING your deer. Anyway, congrats on YOUR first bow kill, now go get a wallhanger with that tag you saved. And save the sugar in his gas tank until this all blows over
Old 09-01-2007, 04:53 PM
OGW

ORIGINAL: 8mm

ORIGINAL: footballplaya

I'm not sure what makes me more angry, the fact about the deer or the poster making one LONG sentence. But that sucks. However, I'm calling BS because you can't legally have a handgun in KY while bowhunting and he would have been ticketed. Sorry, I calls em' as I sees em'.
an i am glad that a mississippi boy keeps up on kys laws must be a heck of a man to keep up with all them laws do yall in mississippi go by ky laws or just make up ur own as u go cause that would seem like alot on a fella to try to keep up on every states law

...and a Teacher in some school got paid for this????[&:]
(notice the flagrant use of "CAPITALIZATION and PUNCTUATION")
Old 09-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats just wrong. I'm pretty sure he would of had to use the side arm on me. Keep hunting man, maybe you will get rewarded with a super buck.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: 8mm

i thought he should have got ticketed too i carry a 40 cal an i didnt take it today cause u cant carry during bow but this guy did an the warden said nothing about it an i know he seen it cause i seen it plane as day but i found out from my dad who the guy is him an my dad used to be good friends growing up going to suck when he wakes up with 4 flat tires on tuseday morning

There you go! Time to take out some valve stems.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

I don't even know what to say about that, man, except I'm sorry it happened. I mean, seriously, what the **** is wrong with some people?

Good luck with the rest of the season, though. Like someone else mentioned, the karma's in your favor now. You're due for a bruiser.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

lets just say that he would be up on my wall if he tried this. I would knock another arrow and shoot him instead of the deer again.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:44 PM

Go cut all his tires up and a lil shuger in the gas tank..thengo stick you another deer

Quick Reply: deer thief

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.