HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Time to actually climb your tree (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/205090-time-actually-climb-your-tree.html)

bkalbach 08-31-2007 12:08 PM

Time to actually climb your tree

Let's just say that your platform is going to be 15' from the ground. How long does it take you to get up that high with a climber? Do you climb really fast and get it over with, or go slow and try to be more quiet?

JoshKeller 08-31-2007 12:35 PM

RE: Time to actually climb your tree

i go quietly, but i'm luck in that I can cover about 5' per climb. I put the climber above my head, pull up a few feet, then bring up the platform the rest of the way. I can be about 20' up in 2 - 3 minutes.

RIStrutStopper 08-31-2007 12:38 PM

I try to be quiet climbing, and it isn't too hard. Its getting to the tree and getting the climber set up at the base of the tree where I make the most noise:eek: It doesn't take long at all to get 15' up quietly once your stand is secured to the tree.

twildasin 08-31-2007 12:46 PM

I try to be stealth! slow and quiet but it still only takes me about less than 5 minutes once im at the tree I got all loc ons except for my summit still 5 minutes once im locked in and ready to climb!

HuntingEd 08-31-2007 12:53 PM

I climb quietly, and it takes about 2 min or less to go up 20'..

The long part is getting hooked onto the tree.

baldntatted 08-31-2007 12:55 PM

im no help i hunt from teh ground i get a rush out of being eye to eye lets me know how much skills i really have

txjourneyman 08-31-2007 02:12 PM

I take my time. I want to be quiet and I don't want to break a sweat!

JeramyK 08-31-2007 02:19 PM

It takes me 3-5 minutes. I try not to make too much noise or get too sweaty. I usually go up to about 20-25 feet.

MOmightymite 08-31-2007 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

I climb quietly, and it takes about 2 min or less to go up 20'..

The long part is getting hooked onto the tree.
This is about the same for me, but my summit takes no time to hook to a tree.

mauser06 08-31-2007 03:08 PM

i climb slow and quiet...and also try not to overheat. but i still get to 15-20 foot in a couple minutes. 2-3 minutes probably depending on tree. cherrys with the loose bark is really tough to be quiet on so i really take my time when hunting trees like that..

like Josh, i also climb in big intervals..a good couple feet at a time. i will pull my top part pretty high and then pull up the bottom half with my legs...if i sit and climb, it takes longer and is slow goin..a foot at a time..i still sit...but first i kinda hang pull it up, stand and sit down..pull it up as far as it will possibly go and start over...dont know why i do it like that:eek: