Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Possible New Bow >

Possible New Bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Possible New Bow

Old 08-30-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Possible New Bow

Well, my uncle talked me in to going hunting with him this year. It had been about 7 years since I went bow hunting. But was excited to get back into it.
I had left my bow and all my archery stuff at my in-laws, as I was shooting at the video range with one of their friends when I went up....

Was talking to my wife about trying to meet them somewhere to pick my bow up from them, then the call came in.....

They got robbed, the thieving bastards didn't take much but all my archery stuff was among what they took.

I'm debating to pick up a new bow or not, I haven't hunted much in a long time, but would like to get back into it.

I had a High Country Safari, not the fastest bow, but I was a very good shot with it. I understand that the bows are light years beyond what that was, but the prices seem to be as well.

What are some good recommendations for a bow on the lower price range?
1 Cam, 1 1/2 Cam, 2 cam?

I'll need something with a 30" draw, and would like to shoot around 70lbs.

I still can't believe it got stolen on the same day I was planning to make arangements to pick it up.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:52 PM

Default RE: Possible New Bow

The bes thing you can do is go shoot a bunch of different bows by different makers and see what you like the best. Out of all the bows today their are some really nice bows out there and some are pretty reasonable in price. For example the diamond line by bowtech has some really nice bows, as well as Reflex(hoyts other line). Thats about all i can tell you. Just go shoot some and whatever you like the best get that one.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

B prices I assume you are talking about all these $600 to $800 bows some guys are shooting. Believe me, it is not necessary to spend that kind of money for a bow. There are plenty in the $350 to $400 range that will shoot just as well as "the high priced spread".

If you go a lokin and a shootin you should be able to find lots of them. Shoot some and see what feels good to you and fits your pocket book. You should be able to completely outfit a bow, sight, rest, quiver, arrow and release for about $700 or less.

I've been shooting compounds for 34 years now and frankly, adjusted for inflation, bows are only about 2/3 of what they were back then. Taking into consideration the technological changes and reliability they are quite a bargain if you have to have a hobby--and who doesn't.

Now check your private message.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

After being able to handle, play around, and tune around on bows for the last two ish months. The absoulte best deal on the market is the Reflex Growler package. It is an AWESOME bow. Since you already know your draw length and everything I would check over on the archerytalk classifieds.

Another excellent place to check, and it's a place I HIGHLY recommend is www.huntersfriend.com
Old 08-30-2007, 07:02 PM

man u got ripped where u left your stuff. i mean u belive the only took your bow if they could have taken many new bows. SRY u got ripped and did not know it.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

without paying alot and getting a quality bow, look into the MARTIN ARCHERY line, they have been around for years and make a quality product. Whatever bow you get, supply it with a quality rest, sights, etc.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

I'll second Martin, I shoot one and I love it. Great bow
Old 08-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will third the Martin! ha for the price IMO hard to beat em'!
Old 08-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

PSE's are really making a strong comback as a quality bow, not to offend anyone who shoots one. But my buddy and i were looking at PSE's at the bow shop the other day and he ended up buying one. It's not the 348fps one, its another model. If you want i can ask him what its called. I believe he only spen 450 for it.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:35 PM

If you live in FL, I know where you can get a Mathews Drenalin for $649. That is the bow I would recommend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.