Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 my setup needs help >

my setup needs help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my setup needs help

Old 08-30-2007, 08:55 AM

Default my setup needs help

Here's what I have so far. A fred bear instinct set at 70lbs and 28.5 draw. I'm buying my arrows from bass pro, for what it matters. What i'm looking for is a pendulum sight that works. Any reccomendations? I have one at my house, believe it's the "scout" pendulum from 2 or 3 years ago. Not willing to spend 140 bucks on that new electronic pendulum, just want one that works. How about it guys, any suggestions? I've always shot high up close and low at 30 w/ pendulums. Very low and very high. All from about 20 ft. up
Old 08-30-2007, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: my setup needs help

Check out Impact Archery, they make a Bravo pendulum sight and an all-terrain pendulum. Very durable and affortable. I personally don't shoot a pendulum but I do shoot their single pin jumbo sight. Great product.

Good Luck
Old 08-30-2007, 09:04 AM

my sight is a savage, of course i'll try it first but I'd still like to hear ideas. Also, about how fast should I be shooting and what arrow/broadhead should I use?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd go with the impact pedulum that lets you lock it down, then has a slide bracket that lets you dial in the exact yardage for hunting on the ground.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:00 AM
t3

i use a trophy ridge and it is the most durable and quietest one i have used.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:28 PM

Get a keller he lives right up the roed from me . Heres the web sight . http://www.kellerbowsights.com/about.html
Old 08-30-2007, 03:45 PM

I second the Keller. I used one for many years.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 PM

i've heard the keller's are VERY noisy. In fact, my uncle used an older keller for a while and it was pretty noisy. Whats your guys take on this? has the sight been improved? Not trying to be a know it all, just many questions.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

I had a Keller and loved it, mine wasn't noisy at all. Plus you can get them for like $50 brand new now. All in all a very well made sight.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 PM

okay, thanks. W/ my setup do you think it will be accurate? I'd like to be able to use a pendulum so that i REALLY wouldn't need to guess yardage!

Quick Reply: my setup needs help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.