HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Anybody else want to sign on???? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/204890-anybody-else-want-sign.html)

GMMAT 08-30-2007 07:49 AM

Anybody else want to sign on????

One of my season's goals it to NOT release an arrow.....that I wouldn't be proud of.

So.....I'll come here and tell you guys of EVERY shot I take.....good or bad. I'm not saying a complete miss is "bad"......as there can be extenuating circumstances to any shot. GOAL is for me to have zero misses.....but I'll tell of every one.....and also tell you of whether or not I think it was a good one or ill-conceived.

I missed a few times, last year.....and I'm not sure how many times my fellow hunters do the same. I'll document each(attempt)in here, this year.

9 shots......9 deer is my goal (excluding follow up shots, when presented).

bawanajim 08-30-2007 07:53 AM

RE: Anybody else want to sign on????

I will . I will shoot one arrow and kill one buck.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-30-2007 07:54 AM

I'll sign on....

In PA my goal is a one shot, one tagged....

If I get to NC post PA season, it's as many as you allow and...lol but I'm shooting for 100% success rate.

Obviously my goal is always to never miss but like you said, it happens. ;)

Mine can always be seen in my journals regardless of what is on the forums.

wis_bow_huntr 08-30-2007 07:56 AM

2 arrows max. 1 doe and one buck, 1 buck for sure though

gplant 08-30-2007 07:57 AM

Im in. This will make you think a little more.No one wants to say I missed.But I will if it happens. Wont be the first time.

GMMAT 08-30-2007 08:01 AM

Like I said.....I KNOW (and admit) to taking ill-conceived shots in the past (and I can count these EASILY on one hand). In my quest to mature as a hunter.....I AM learning that a deer will either offer you a "legitimate" shot opportunity.....or he won't. Part of the learning curve is knowing when to let down and wait for another day.

I say this term a lot....and I think people often take it the worng way, but...."It's just a deer". I take nothing from the animals when I say this. My meaning is.....I will have another opportunity.....and to not get caught up in the mindset of "having" to take one (at any cost).

Good luck to all.....

Bluetickhunter 08-30-2007 08:02 AM

im in

RTA47 08-30-2007 08:29 AM

Add me to the list as well.My goal is always is to have 100% success rate on my shots. But like the others have sead, We know that don`t always happen in the real world of hunting!
So i will confess to every shot i take this hunting season Good;) or bad[:o].

buckeyehntr5 08-30-2007 08:38 AM

I'm in
Threeshots andthree deer. ( buck and 2doe)

Shot over a nice P&Y 10 last year

YooperMike 08-30-2007 08:40 AM

Sign me up as well. I'm hoping for three deer with the bow, 2 does and one buck over 130" Hopefully all done with 3 arrows.

twildasin 08-30-2007 09:58 AM

Im in on this one hopefully we can all help each other mature as hunters!!

BowHunterJim 08-30-2007 10:04 AM

one shot one kill

SteveO KanevO 08-30-2007 10:08 AM

Definately me too. I missed2 times last year and went 2 for 4. Im going to probably wait for closer shots this year so were just a little too far and if I would have waited they probably would have come in closer.

txjourneyman 08-30-2007 10:10 AM

I'm in. I always have posted every shot so I'll just continue. I hope to kill 5 deer,3 does and 2 bucks,(legal limit), and as many feral hogs as I see.

psebwhntr16 08-30-2007 10:22 AM

Sign me up. To start, I admit I already made a less than perfect shot on my SC 8 point (slightly quartering away; guts & liver) but nonetheless, a 1 shot 1 kill deal. My goal in KY; 1 shot, 1 arrow through the lungs of a 130+ buck.

_Dan 08-30-2007 10:22 AM

My goal this year is 6 shots,2 spikes and one arse shot doe.

GR8atta2d 08-30-2007 10:32 AM

One of my season's goals it to NOT release an arrow.....that I wouldn't be proud of.

"......as there can be extenuating circumstances to any shot. GOAL is for me to have zero...... ill-conceived.

The first bold statement and the second (which I slightly alterred) are not quite the same. Bad things can happen to good shots.

But you have my vowI won't take any that are bad from the start!
A rule I've Bowhunted by since November 9th 2004.

GMMAT 08-30-2007 12:57 PM

I'm not saying a complete miss is "bad"......as there can be extenuating circumstances to any shot. GOAL is for me to have zero misses.....but I'll tell of every one.....and also tell you of whether or not I think it was a good one or ill-conceived.
That's why I said a complete miss is not ALWAYS a "bad" shot. I took a shot at a deer last year that hit a limb I just didn't see. If I SEE the limb and take the shot anyways.....THAT is a "bad" shot.

Like in baseball (and any sport)....I could always live with the physical errors....better than I could the mental ones.

peakrut 08-30-2007 01:09 PM

I am in and not a lost deer also. Keep my streak of 23 years. I lost one when I was 18 and hope never to again.
*Just adding that last part for me*

Finch 08-30-2007 01:31 PM

I'm in as well. I will report every time an arrow leaves my string.

lars 08-30-2007 02:05 PM

count me in....

PA Bow/Flinter 08-30-2007 03:27 PM

Not sure what happened to Gr8atta2d on Nov. 9th 2004, but I've got a feeling him and I are in the same boat. The two things I wish I could take back in my hunting career are two bad shots. First one was a rifle shot at a running deer (thankfully I missed completely) and two years ago on the second Saturday of archery season where I took a shot at a buck I shouldn't have because I really wanted to kill him. Long story short I wounded him....and never found him. I honestly believe my Dad and I did everything we could to locate him and that he survived....but I still wish I never would have released that arrow. From that point on I've had a whole new perspective on shots and hunting in general.

Good shots however still cause problems. This past year (as some might remember), I had an opportunity on a doe and took the shot....a shot I still believe was eithical and 'good'. Well it again didn't turn out too good...she lunged and I hit her in the rearleg. Thankfully my Dad and I did everything right....and we brought her home in the back of the truck.

These two stories depict two senarios I've faced. One was an 'ill-concieved' shot, the other 'extanuating circumstances,' but both shots were ones that made me think. Anyways, not sure what the point of my rant was.

So I guess I could have just said, "Yeah I'm in, but I was in long before this thread was created.'

I'm not proud of the shot the occurred on this doe....I am proud of the recovery though. That is probably my proudest moment within my hunting career.

Wheatley 08-30-2007 03:40 PM

I am in again this year. Last year I told the story of all my shots. This year I hope to have one buck with the compound and one doe with my bow I build.

early in 08-30-2007 03:55 PM

That's one fat doe. Is that from bloating?

springcaller 08-30-2007 04:00 PM

IM IN

Rhody Hunter 08-30-2007 05:03 PM

sign me up as well

[/align]

PA Bow/Flinter 08-30-2007 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: early in

Nope, her stomach was a little bloated, but it was mainly her size. She weighed 119 lbs....a mature one for my area.

wibowhntr 08-30-2007 06:05 PM

Count me in also. I am hoping for one buck(after I first get a doe....WI Earn A Buck unit) and multiple does.

Windwalker7 08-30-2007 06:07 PM

I'm in too.

They bloat quickly if it is warm.

AR Bowhunter 08-30-2007 06:11 PM

Count me in also, willing to sure myshots an entire story.

Finch 08-30-2007 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: PA Bow/Flinter

Nope, her stomach was a little bloated, but it was mainly her size. She weighed 119 lbs....a mature one for my area.
So was that arrow meant to follow up her side and go in behind the frontleg?

Q2INWHITETAILS 08-30-2007 06:37 PM

I'm In!! I admitted my miss last year and I am not ashamed of telling the story behind it. Plus I cant lie Rob likes to video me if I miss.

PA Bow/Flinter 08-30-2007 06:42 PM

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

ORIGINAL: PA Bow/Flinter

So was that arrow meant to follow up her side and go in behind the frontleg?
The initial shot was a standard QA shot, but as I released the arrow she took a step that moved her forward and turned her more away from me thus creating the further back and more 'stem to stern' angle. The shooting lane I shot her through actually had her back legs covered in limbs...so I know I didn't wiggle....she was feeding and just took another step to feed as the arrow was released.

vikesfan353 08-30-2007 07:26 PM

I'll sign on this too!!!
Ive shot at 11 deer, with 11 arrows, 10 of them are dead, the 11th hit a branch and shot almost straight up!! I know, in 20 years of bow hunting, Ihave never wounded a deer with an arrow!! When I was younger I lost a couple with bad rifle shots, and it still bothers me to this day!!

snake123 08-30-2007 07:46 PM

I'm in.2 arrows. 1 buck and 1 doe

Bullet Hole Bailey 08-30-2007 08:03 PM

Im in, i missed a buck the daybefore i got the one thats one here.

Tom2008 08-30-2007 10:09 PM

Sign me on too. I'm hoping for either 1 buck and 1 doe with two arrows or 2 does with two arrows. Wish me luck all cause I'm still going for my first with bow. ;)