Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any former vegatarians on here? >

Any former vegatarians on here?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any former vegatarians on here?

Old 08-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any former vegatarians on here?

I'm vegan but only untill you put meat in front of me!!!!! Walt
Old 08-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mahunter

Thats a cool story and 100% honesty.

Only vegetarians I really encounter are those who don't "like the taste" of meat, whatever that means.

Only one Anti i ever encountered was a Peta member at a bar. I was explaining how I love to play BIG BUCK HUNTER PRO and she asked why I explained cause its challenging and that I hunt. She started to laugh and I said why, She goes, "I am an active Peta member." I said " Oh I'm sorry, well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that."

That was it we went on talking and never brought it up again.
Did ya give her any meat that night ???
Old 08-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Live and let live! I respect everyone's choices provided they aren't bringing harm to themselves or anyone else.If people don't care to eat meat or hunt that is fine with me as long as they don't disrespect the choices I choose to make.
I have never attempted to be a vegetarian but I did have periods in the past where I gave up red meat.Everything in moderation.
I appreciate your honesty.Welcome!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:51 PM

Here's another little tidbit to consider, courtesy of Gene Wensel. I don't have the book in front of me, so I can't quote it exactly, but the bottom line is this.Think aboutdeer, rabbit, squirrel, game birds, etc... Where are their eyes located on their face? On the sides of the skull, to give greater peripheral vision so they can see an attack before it gets to them and escape. Now think about coyotes, wolves, mountain lions, owls, etc... Their eyes are located on the front of the skull to allow better depth perception when they are on the attack. Now where are our eyes located, hmmmm? In my oppinion, as long as our eyes are mounted on the front of our skull, we are predators, and it is our natural duty to carry out that function in the food chain. Besides that, what really goes better with a nice fat baked potato than a medium rare, charcoal grilled venison steak with a little salt and pepper, nothing else????
Old 09-01-2007, 05:43 AM

ORIGINAL: mwaite

Here's another little tidbit to consider, courtesy of Gene Wensel. I don't have the book in front of me, so I can't quote it exactly, but the bottom line is this.Think aboutdeer, rabbit, squirrel, game birds, etc... Where are their eyes located on their face? On the sides of the skull, to give greater peripheral vision so they can see an attack before it gets to them and escape. Now think about coyotes, wolves, mountain lions, owls, etc... Their eyes are located on the front of the skull to allow better depth perception when they are on the attack. Now where are our eyes located, hmmmm? In my oppinion, as long as our eyes are mounted on the front of our skull, we are predators, and it is our natural duty to carry out that function in the food chain. Besides that, what really goes better with a nice fat baked potato than a medium rare, charcoal grilled venison steak with a little salt and pepper, nothing else????
now thats a point of view that I haven't considered before. Good point.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

I think you are taking my quote about PETA a little too harsh, in my opinion these kind of organisations are there to stop the wrong kind of people, with this I mean the people who lack a total respect for nature and would do anything for a profit.
I have several pets, I love the wild, the forests and every living creature in my book has it's rightful place on this planet. So do the PETA guys....

F.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

I think you are taking my quote about PETA a little too harsh, in my opinion these kind of organisations are there to stop the wrong kind of people,
I see you are not from here--peta is not out to do only what you said!!They also want the Boy Scouts to stop giving fishing badges--Its cruel to fish to be caught!!
They want too stop horse& dog racing--Shoot fire them animals live better than I do!!
They want to stop rodeos---How many Bulls do you know that lives in Air conditioned barn with music--Good feed--sees a vet once a month--rides around in custom carriers---

I don't know how strong they are over there--But remember the old saying--"You cain't judge a book by its cover"
Old 09-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

We do have a similar sort of thing, it's called GAIA, they're way too extreme....but sometimes they do good things....
We had a cowmarket where farmers would come and sell or by livestock.
They made a video with a hidden camera and the things the caught on camera were horrific.....cows were beaten till they fell to their knees....
till the skin broke...there was even a kid of one of the buyers who just kept hitting a calf on the head....
I mean, ok they were sold to be slaughtered, but that doesn't mean you can get away with those things.
when push came to shove, the videofootage was dissmissed as evidence and the guilty weren't charged.....they found out who shot the tape and they beat him in a coma.....for that they were charged a fine.....
Can you believe that.......

F.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Typical Buck

I know it's hard to draw the line, but I think if we respect life we respect living things.....

we could all turn to semi vegetarians.....we would only eat meat from animals who eat vegetables then.....

F.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

I know it's hard to draw the line, but I think if we respect life we respect living things.....

we could all turn to semi vegetarians.....we would only eat meat from animals who eat vegetables then.....

F.
HUH!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.