Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any former vegatarians on here? >

Any former vegatarians on here?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any former vegatarians on here?

Old 08-30-2007, 09:13 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

Default RE: Any former vegatarians on here?

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

That avatar is awesome. At least you guys still have the Thanksgiving Classic.
Looking at the tee shirt logo I'd say "He's still in a state of denial somewhat". You'veaccepted meat now get a team .
Old 08-30-2007, 10:03 AM

I'm proud of you!!

I met my wife in college, she was a member of PETA, when I first asked her out to the lake, i didn't tell her we were going bowfishing, she came with us. I was surprised but she went two more times and asked if she could try itI then took her fishing for Northern Pike, she landed her first one 38.5" and was hooked. She now enjoys fishing,ice fishes, hunts (by herself too) and has several sponsors, Major Bow company, sight, release, arrow, stabilizer etc. she shoots national shoots, became astate bowhunter ed. volunteer and is my help at the archery club.

If you want to see how much she love bowhunting and such, check out her myspace page and our club site.

http://www.myspace.com/heathshayne

www.freewebs.com/oxfordarchers/

Thanks

Old 08-30-2007, 10:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Backtension

If you want to see how much she love bowhunting and such, check out her myspace page and our club site.

http://www.myspace.com/heathshayne

Thanks

Backtension, welcome to the forums. Tell your wife to get her release elbow down to form that T..
Old 08-30-2007, 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: whitetailhunter01

Let me guess....Minor Threat and Fugazi? lol Did you put black X's on each of your hands?

Meat is yummy!
oh yeah although I was more into the heavier bands like Earth Crisis, Raid,Carcass,etc.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:57 PM

Rob thanks for the welcome

I really wouldn't mess with it, she shoots 56+ x's indoors and and is pretty consistant at shooting 2 to 4 down from the mens stakes in 3d of 30 targets scoring 10s and shoots up counting 11's. Her best last year was 18X's on a 30 target course
Her avatar on myspace was with a Martin Leopard they just sent her that day to hunt with so we just started playing with it.
She shoots a Slayer xtreme for 3d, a P3 for indoor, a Scepter 4 for field and will hunt with the Leopard.

thanks
Old 08-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Backtension.........I've met you before. I met you and your wife at Legends of the Fall last winter when I came out and stayed at Eric Springers house for the weekend and shot at that smackdown event. I came with my buddy Dan Goeldner aka Jaws.........your wife knows him.

Welcome to HNI.....good to see another NY'er on board.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Typical Buck

Ok, was a veggie for about 3 years. I had a friend of mine who converted to no meat diet and he kept telling me how bad meat was and that we didn't need it as a species....
I told him cr@p and said it was easy and joined him.
I'm a pretty good cook when it comes to meat and one day I just made some rabbit and we both gave up.
I still try and limit my meat intake but I got a pair of fangs so I gues our species at one time in evolution started chewing on other species...
I all so think that PETA or any other animal rights organisations are necessary, it helps people respect wildlife and pets.

F.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:01 PM

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

I all so think that PETA or any other animal rights organisations are necessary, it helps people respect wildlife and pets.

F.
any organization like Peta doesn't promote respect of animals, they promote equality of humans and animals. They want the same rights for animals that humans get. Organizations like Ducks Unlimited or the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and countless other groupspromote conservation and respect without the silliness that comes with Peta. Peat also funds known terror groups like ALF (animal liberation front) and ELF (earth liberation front) and provide legal defense money for terrorists like Rod Coranado (he bombed an MSU lab). The Petafounder (Ingrid Newkirk) once sent a letter to Yassar Arafat protesting the PLO's use of donkeys for suicide bombers. These people are the lunatic fringe that Unka Ted Nugent is always talking about.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:36 PM

I was never a vegetarian or an anti but I did give friends of mine that gun hunted for deer some serious grief and I still have little respect for gun hunters. When those same friends of mine introduced me to bowhunting...well...the rest is history...I'm an addict.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Neck

ORIGINAL: m9a9g9i9c

F.
any organization like Peta doesn't promote respect of animals, they promote equality of humans and animals. They want the same rights for animals that humans get. Organizations like Ducks Unlimited or the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and countless other groupspromote conservation and respect without the silliness that comes with Peta. Peat also funds known terror groups like ALF (animal liberation front) and ELF (earth liberation front) and provide legal defense money for terrorists like Rod Coranado (he bombed an MSU lab). The Petafounder (Ingrid Newkirk) once sent a letter to Yassar Arafat protesting the PLO's use of donkeys for suicide bombers. These people are the lunatic fringe that Unka Ted Nugent is always talking about.
Gospel...!

Neck, your my newest best friend...Welcome to the forums again!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.