HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What does it take to become Prostaff (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/204723-what-does-take-become-prostaff.html)

SteveO KanevO 08-29-2007 09:08 AM

What does it take to become Prostaff

I would like to know this myself. What determines whether someone is good enough to become a prostaff member? As far as Im concerned anyone with an interest in hunting should be a prostaff member as long as they are ethical in their choices and they can properly represent the team. I would like to hear what people think about this. Whatdifferenciates between prostaff and everyday hardcore hunters.

Jim_IV 08-29-2007 09:11 AM

RE: What does it take to become Prostaff

ORIGINAL: SteveO KanevO

Whatdifferenciates between prostaff and everyday hardcore hunters.
A camera???

lethalconnection 08-29-2007 09:13 AM

I would have to say if you want to be a prostaff you obviously have to have the experience in the field, proof of skill and experience, so there for a few nice bucks/bulls under the belt, have to have lots of knowledge in lots of the fields in hunting, be it deer, elk, predator, bird, so a well rounded hunter.

SteveO KanevO 08-29-2007 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

Whatdifferenciates between prostaff and everyday hardcore hunters.
A camera???
cmon now.....erbody got a camera.

Arthur P 08-29-2007 09:18 AM

Unless you've got a pile of animals in the books and have them pounding on your door begging you to be a staffer, it's mostly about knowing the right people.

Jim_IV 08-29-2007 09:18 AM

What I am saying is that if a pro staff and a hardcore hunter are pretty much one in the same, then whats the difference? A camera, maybe sponsors, maybe a little money to back them up, and the fact that that is their full time job.

Colorado Luckydog 08-29-2007 09:19 AM

ORIGINAL: lethalconnection

I would have to say if you want to be a prostaff you obviously have to have the experience in the field, proof of skill and experience, so there for a few nice bucks/bulls under the belt, have to have lots of knowledge in lots of the fields in hunting, be it deer, elk, predator, bird, so a well rounded hunter.
You also need to have the time to attend the shows, and be willing to travel. I got a couple of friends that Prostaff, one for Drake Waterfowl, and the other for Avery. Seems like they both do a lot, for not much in return, other than discounts and the title of Pro-Staffer. Both of them are members of Huntingnet.

YooperMike 08-29-2007 09:21 AM

A friend of mine is PSE pro-staff, and realy isn't thatgood of a shot nor hunter. It is often times who you know that determines pros as opposed to expertise.

MichaelHunsucker 08-29-2007 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

What I am saying is that if a pro staff and a hardcore hunter are pretty much one in the same, then whats the difference? A camera, maybe sponsors, maybe a little money to back them up, and the fact that that is their full time job.
Yeah Jim, i agree.

I think the ability to consistantly put big bucks down also has a lot to do with it. Sponsors want to see a lot of video/pictures with big bucks and their products...

I think a prostaffer is basically a dedicated, hardcore hunter that found an oportunity

kshunter 08-29-2007 09:25 AM

"Pro-staff" has to be one of themost overused terms in the hunting industry.