Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting with a Decoy - Buck or Doe? >

Hunting with a Decoy - Buck or Doe?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting with a Decoy - Buck or Doe?

Old 08-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Spike

Default RE: Hunting with a Decoy - Buck or Doe?

If I use one, I use a doe decoy(3d target) in the first two weeks of november. About 40 yards upwind with the doe looking upwind(away from you). I have only seen bucks approach the decoy from the back. I think its a great tool for those who have yet to get their first deer. It keeps the deers attention sotheir is a betteropportunity to draw on them. The decoy has to have movement(tailwagger), It will keep their attention longer. Before I used movement it didn't take long before the gig was up. I also keepit sent free as possible and add some scent lures in the area around the decoy but not on the decoy.The negative side of it, is it seems to draw alot of smaller bucks. I recommend trying it, its great to watch their reaction.