HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   ticks?!?!?!?!!? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/204583-ticks.html)

geterdun2 08-28-2007 03:52 PM

ticks?!?!?!?!!?

well. not good news at all. went today to hang my deer cam, and was walking out with my GF and looked down, and was covered in teenie, tiny little critters. at first we thought they were ants, then spiders, but after closer inspection, we see they are ticks - ALOT OF THEM. they are very small, about the size of a pin head, but im 100% they are ticks. i mean they were literally crawling alllll over me and her. i guess we walked right in the middle of a nest or something. i picked probably 50 off on my way home, and then got in the shower and scrubbed extremely hard. i thought i had them all off, but i jus looked down at work and am looking at about 10 right now. what should I do? i heard these little ones can cary lime disease, but im not sure if these are the ones. is there any preventative medicine I can get for these little edited. you guys wouldnt believe how many were on me, and how many are still on me. they are probably in places i cant even see [&:]. i dont know what to do. if they arent the ones carrying lime disease, is there anything they can do to harm you? except suck your blood? this is not good, i feel like i will never be able to rid myself of them. now i know why i like winter time. thanks

MO_Bowhnter 08-28-2007 03:56 PM

RE: ticks?!?!?!?!!?

Sounds like you found some seed ticks. Yes they are nasty and its very hard to get them all because they are so small. Next time spray your pants and socks down real good with permanone and tape your pants tight around your boots and it will cut down alot of them that actually make it to your body.

smitdog 08-28-2007 03:59 PM

They are called seed ticks and you are going to live.Take a good shower and scrub em real good if you got any left try Sea Breeze or rubbing alcohol. We get them all the time here in Va.

geterdun2 08-28-2007 04:04 PM

alright well good to know. i mean it is unbelievable guys how many. at first, when we first noticed, we each had probably, literally, 2 thousand of them. well we swiped most them off. but when driving home we jus continued to see hundreds of them. then i thought the shower would get then, but i keep finding them. i jus picked like 20 off my legs. im bout to take a bath in rubbing alcohol lol. is it possible that they have the lime disease? i bet there are millions on my hair (above and below my waste lol). i mean i am a get-down type of guy, play in dirt, gut deer, lol, all that, but this is just making me squinch for some reason. i appreciate the help. i will continue to pick them off. olll man, i will also have to vaccuum my truck tonight, im sure there are hundreds in there. thanks

geterdun2 08-28-2007 04:14 PM

EW!!!!!!!!!!!! yall, lol, i just found 2 in probably the worse place i could ... use your imagination. this is terrrible lol

pigiron 08-28-2007 04:27 PM

Ahh, the joys of early bow season......I feel for you.

I had the same problem last year, although they were chiggers....you know they could have been chiggers too.....you can see those little devils.

Anyway I don't have a problem with either of them any more. I just spray permanone all over my clothes before entering the woods this early in the season. I've had hundreds of dead chiggers on my jeans from the permanone. It seems to work pretty well. When it's time to hunt,.....NO SPRAY.....just suck it up... tip toe, and dodge the thick brush, and let those little edited eat!

GMMAT 08-28-2007 04:31 PM

True story....

I hunt in NC....and I've never found a tick on me while deer hunting.....NOR have I found one on a deer I've taken.

I guess I'm lucky.

SuperRedHawk 08-28-2007 04:34 PM

OMG!! I've never heard of getting THAT many before. I hate the little parasite bastards.
I would spray some clothes down with permanone, let it dryand put them on for a while. The stuff is supposed to really kill em, maybe it will work even if they're already on you.

TimberCreek 08-28-2007 04:35 PM

I hate to be the bearer of more bad news but more than likely you have a bunch in your vehicle too! I have had them and got back in my truck a week laterand had some crawl back on me. You will need to spray the inside of the car with permathrin orpermanone. Careful on wood finished or plastic products, theywill melt. Carpet and cloth seats OK. Most people that have ever had them before will always spray down the next time. Spray 40% deet on skin and permathrin on cloths and they will leave you alone next time. S_cksI know. I feel your pain.

medic stalker 08-28-2007 04:36 PM

Which state are you from. We have ticks but not like that, and then on our game we have deer ticks and fleas here?