Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ticks?!?!?!?!!?

Old 08-28-2007, 07:17 PM

Default RE: ticks?!?!?!?!!?

Look on the bright side:
Now you have a good excuse to "check your GF for Ticks", like in Brad Paisley's song... And Vice versa.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

welcome to the world of seed ticks We are infested with them in my area. Be prepared for some major itching, the bite is x2 worse than a dog tic bite. As stated permonone is the way to go, just dont use it on your skin, clothes only. I had around 300-500 stuck on me years ago [X(]after hanging a stand in July. The bites actually made my blood pressure get all screwed up ( i never have bad blood pressure) I was waking up with bloody sheets from the nite time itching. A trip to the doc for some high power antibotics and an anti itch shot was the cure. good luck and stay out of them little b@$+#*^$
Old 08-28-2007, 07:29 PM

The ones that you removed and the head broke off inside your skin will continue to itch for about 2-3 wks. I spray down throughout most of the hunting season too. A good warm spell even in the late fall and they will be active again. They crawl in the weirdest places, check your ears etc.
I hate them little buggers![:@]Sell the car/truck and post a pic of the ticks on yourgirlfriend!Kidding! No I'm not, Yes I am, No I'm not. Sorry my multiple personalities are taking over!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now I'm itching![:@]
Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

The ones that you removed and the head broke off inside your skin will continue to itch for about 2-3 wks. I spray down throughout most of the hunting season too. A good warm spell even in the late fall and they will be active again. They crawl in the weirdest places, check your ears etc.
I hate them little buggers![:@]Sell the car/truck and post a pic of the ticks on yourgirlfriend!Kidding! No I'm not, Yes I am, No I'm not. Sorry my multiple personalities are taking over!
Too Funny!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

well i think i got most of them. cant find anymore on me, but now i do ich some. i got the meds so i cant get lime.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get one of those sticky lint rollers and go over your truck seats, carpet, etc. They stick to that. Roll yourself next time you get out of the woods too. Permanone is definitely the way to go, that stuff works. I'm sitting here in my office reading this and I'm getting all itchy thinkin about it.When I get out of here, I'm planning to go hang a stand, and I haven't sprayed down... I'm gonna be tick paranoid. I hate those little buggers!
Old 08-30-2007, 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: geterdun3

well i think i got most of them. cant find anymore on me, but now i do ich some. i got the meds so i cant get lime.
Just curious but how come you created another user name?
Old 08-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

anyone ever use the bugskinz underwear from cabelas..?I was thinking of trying it...
Old 08-30-2007, 01:46 PM
BKE
Fork Horn

I'm thinking that in the future you won't have to ask the GF forsome time in the woods alone.

Fill the tub with very hot water, a gererous dose of bleach and take a good long soak. You'll survive.

I hope you and the GF are at the "very intimate" stage of your relationship because no matter what you do now you and she are probably going to need each others help . You may think you got them allbut a few days/weeks from now you more than likely will discoverone or morewhere it is impossible for you to see it or get ahold of itto remove it without assistance.

Quick Reply: ticks?!?!?!?!!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.