Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Baltimore Bowmen 3D shoot >

Baltimore Bowmen 3D shoot

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Baltimore Bowmen 3D shoot

Old 08-28-2007, 05:15 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Baltimore Bowmen 3D shoot

I have a once a month where I get on their nerves now I am going about it a different way. lol
Old 08-28-2007, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

lmao

I'm just trying todemoralize the rest ofthepeople in the Deer Contestinto not even going into the woods with your bows by showing you that if that big bruiser gets within 40 yds of me he's done.

That's one long sentence!!!

Therefore, the rest of you mind as well just give up now.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:29 AM
Bartender

I quit
Old 08-28-2007, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

See, it worked already.

You're a great guy Fraley. Good luck this fall.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:37 AM

dave, i wish you'd get rid of those nocks. the way y'all are shooting they could cost you a set of limbs real quick. i know they shoot nice, but one will fail on you - and it sounds and impacts your bow like a dry fire. just think about it.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:42 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

I didn't think baltimore bowman liked you to shoot more than one shot a target[8D]
If you are talking about the practice target everyone else was shooting more than 1 arrow at the same spot.

If you are talking about the 3D targets. One shot is mine and one is Josh's. We're just that good.

Now the long bow shooters in front of us were all shooting 2-3 arrows per target. [8D]
Oops I see. I might go there in 2weeks. Or the last shoot. BB has alot of places to lose an arrow. I usually shoot my longbow there. The president Mike Horst actually seemed like an awesome longbow shot.

Did you guys lose any arrows?

Old 08-28-2007, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Irarely ever shoot groups anymore.I had to tune my bow afterI had a center serving failure.

I check my nocks all the time to ensure that they are in good shape. If one isloose on thenock pin istossed in the trash. If it has a crack it's replaced. If it doesn't click over the serving it's replaced.

Anynock can have that same issue when struck by another arrow and at least my arrows are protected.I haven't had one fail in 6 months of shooting at least 3 times a week and probably 100 shots min each shoot.

I know that some on here do not like pin nocks and I appreciatewhat you are saying.So, don't think I'm blowing off your warnings.

big,

Some of those guys are unreal with the longbow. They drillgreat shots like it's nothingfrom all the distances on the course.Yes, there are a lot of places to loose arrows there. The back drops are thick. The great thing is it reminds me of whereI grew-up hunting in PA.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:03 AM

Baltimore Bowmen is a fun course,and I do like the way it's set-up.Also,I'm glad to see they finally got some new targets up.Thelast couple of years,my buddies and I would'nt shoot the course because of the poor condition of the targets.They get tore up cause most of the targets are 30yds. or less.
However,if you would like to shoot a course thats much more challenging,you ought to check out Maryland State Game and Fish on Tuesday nights.They are on Honeygo Blvd,next to Joppaveiw Elem. School...Bob
Old 08-28-2007, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

treestand,

Right nowI shoot Monday's at Baltimore Bowmen and Wednesdays at Anne Arundel Archers due to it's proximity to my house. There's also the shoot at Stony Creek on Thursdays.

However, if it's a challenging course in the sense that it has shots that are more realistic I might check it out. I want to do sneaking around bushes and shooting through lanes and sitting and treestand shots. Josh andI turned a lot of the normal wide open lane shots into challenges by setting up a rule for the shot.

On one you had to stand with both of your feet on a line that put you into the weeds and had to shoot right along the weeds. A few years agoI passed on a line of really nice bucks to due to weeds that I presumed in my mind were in the way. Most of that was due to a lack of practice and confidence.

Shooting from a bench turned the wrong way was another shot. By making it agame I think it's increased my focus and also made me more relaxed taking difficult shots. Not difficult in the sense of the distance but in the difficulty of theshots.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:40 AM

Dave,
Don't get me wrong about BB,I've always enjoyed the course.I'vealso shot AA Archers and enjoyed that course too.MD State is a tougher course,and only less than 5 miles from BB.
By the way,we also "make it interesting" by shooting from the last stake,then it's first shooters choice for the secound shot..Bob

Quick Reply: Baltimore Bowmen 3D shoot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.