Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Good luck to our elk hunting brethren! >

Good luck to our elk hunting brethren!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good luck to our elk hunting brethren!

Old 08-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good luck to our elk hunting brethren!

I know Colorado opened on Saturday and we have a few members out and in the woods. Best of luck to you guys, send us an update or two and hopefully you will let the air out of a slammer..........

Anyone hear from Greg?
Old 08-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good luck to our elk hunting brethren!

I kind of feel sorry for those early season elk hunters. Wife and I went up camping this weekend and it got down in the 40's at night, BUT it was at leat 75 if not 80 degrees in the afternoon. So I'm sure the bugling is little and far between.
Hope the guys found some water sources to set up on.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:24 PM

Probably the least talked about here but the most exciting hunt in my books is elk. Our archery season opened this morning and it was a pretty fun morning. I got in behind a herd of 25 or so but no dice. They were still out of range and i could not keep them there or move them closer as the sun was just starting to break. We yapped back and forth for a good while but i couldn't even lure a dumb spiker over. I saw a nice bull again last night on that field when i was scouting so hopefully he is out lurking again tonight. There is a pretty decent buck also hangin on this land which uses the same trail every night to enter the wheat field but i am not sure if i want to kill him and leave blood all over to ruin my elk chances for a few days. I guess i will really have to see him up close b4 i decide wether to givem the business or not. Pumped about this evenings hunt, just about to get showered up and head out.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck guys!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:05 AM

Thanks. I'll need all the help I can get. This is my first year going after archery elk. I have a cow tag and called a spike bull in 15 yds. on Sunday. No dice yet on the cows. It is hot as heck out there. I'm hoping it cools down soon. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck to all the elk hunters! Give him heck!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck guys and girls. Wish that I was going with you.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm really anxious to hear how Greg has made out this week. Anyone talk to him? Hopefully he has a slammer on the ground by now.........
Old 08-30-2007, 07:41 AM

I leave next Wed for Alberta....start hunting on Saturday. I'm just a little stoked.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:14 AM

ORIGINAL: _Dan

I leave next Wed for Alberta....start hunting on Saturday. I'm just a little stoked.
Well i know the bulls and cows are chirpin and buglin out east but im not sure in the hills yet but im gunna take the calls on sat west of Sundre and Caroline and see if i get a response, but i think it still a lil early.Where abouts are you headin?

Quick Reply: Good luck to our elk hunting brethren!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.