Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tribute vs. Drenaline >

Tribute vs. Drenaline

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tribute vs. Drenaline

Old 08-27-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Tribute vs. Drenaline

Well, a few months ago I purchased a BowTech Tribute after trying a few Hoyts and a PSE. I liked the speed and how quiet the BowTech was so to me, there was honestly nothing better as far as I could see.

A few weeks ago my father decided to buy a new bow to replace his old Browning. For some reason, he wouldn't buy a BowTech, he said it was too heavy and I think the other reason is because he didn't want to follow suit with me. Anyway, he settled on a Mathews Drenaline and he paid $649 for it, brand new at a local dealer.

He brought the bow over this weekend and I could not believe how light it was. It is only a few ounces lighter than my Tribute but I could definitely feel it. He climbs a tree and shoots the bow at our targets and I was shocked at how quiet it was. It is truly quieter than my BowTech Tribute! My uncle also came over with his new Drenaline that he bought the same day as my dad for the same price.

He shot his bow and the only sound I heard was the whistle sound coming from his new G5 Montec broadheads. Now, my father and I shoot a few different things. First, I shot a whisker biscuit and he shoots a limbsaver drop away but you would think that would make his louder. I shoot a peep-sight with the rubber tubing, he doesn't, this probably causes some of my sound. Finally, he shoots a LimbSaver S-Coil 4.9oz stabilizer and I shoot the WildThing stabilizer. But we shoot similar arrows, with exact same broadheads, Rage 2's.

I shot the Drenaline and I could not believe how smooth it was, how quiet and how well the bow handled. Had I known this, I would have a Drenaline now instead of my Tribute.

Don't get me wrong, the Tribute is a great bow, its just the Mathews is better bow for the same price, if you can get it for that price!

I took my Tribute down to the shop I bought it from later that day. I had them remove the peep-sight that had the rubber tubing and replace it with one that didn't have tubing. I also removed my WildThing stabilizer and replaced it with a LimbSaver S-Coil 4.9oz stabilizer. The bow is a little quieter...more like the Drenaline than before. Its a little lighter now without that huge WildThing stabilizer but I am keeping my whisker biscuit, for now.

Anyway, if I could find someone to buy my BowTech Tribute with a WildThing Stabilizer, whisker biscuit, Trophy Ridge sights, BowTech quiver all set-up for $650 + shipping, I would go down to that dealer and buy a Drenaline.

Mathews makes a great bow!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:23 AM

Default RE: Tribute vs. Drenaline

You never really realize how quiet those mathews are until someone who doesn't own one shoots with you. I have a swithchback and love it. I have a buddy who had a martin until he shot with about 4 of us who had mathews, he could not believe how quiet they were, and I could not beleive how loud his was. You can definetly see the difference when they are side by side.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

No regrets on my Tribute purchase. Shot my dad's XT and I prefer the Tribute - it is also a
faster bow. With the addition of a STS (which is basically built into a Matthews)
I didn't notice much if any difference in noise and vibration.

Some people like lighter bows, I like medium weight. While the Tribute is clearly a little heavier
than the Drenalin, the 07 Allegiance is a lot closer in weight to the Drenalin.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:07 AM

What is STS?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Dominant Buck

How heavy are his arrows? Yours?

Need more info.

Mathews indeed makes a great bow......but so does the company that you already own
Old 08-27-2007, 11:14 AM

I shoot Epic ST 400 and he shoots the Epic Light Speeds.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:15 AM

Oh yeah, one more thing, we both have a 29" draw and his bow is set to 63 lbs and mine is set at 68 lbs.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Dominant Buck

How heavy are his arrows? Yours?

Total arrow weight (I would assume) would have a lot to do with how quiet your arrows are. Arrow/fletchings/wraps/BH/etc... TOTAL arrow weight.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your findings in regards to noise interest me. My business partner shoots an '06 Tribute and I shoot a Guardian. We have both shot side by side with guys shooting Switchback's, XT's, and Drenalin's. I have always noticed that our bows are every bit as quiet as the Mathews bows, and sometimes more quiet, especially in regards to the Guardian. I shot the Drenalin quite a bit before going with the Guardian. I really wanted to stick with Mathews because I had shot their bows for so long, but I really felt that the Guardian fit the bill better, as far as what I look for in a bow. I'm with GMMAT on this, I would like to know the specifics of both yours, and your Dad's set ups. Not to start an arguement, but to maybe see what the cause is. I have been around quite a few '07 Tributes as welll, and I don't see any reason why your bow shouldn't be as quiet as anything else out there. You have a great bow.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also, have you ever had someone shoot your bow while you stood away from it? The bow sounds much quieter when you're not firing it right next to your ear. The Tribute is a really good bow. Put a STS or a MeanV on there and it will be even quieter.

Quick Reply: Tribute vs. Drenaline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.