Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 help choosing arrows/broadheads >

help choosing arrows/broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

help choosing arrows/broadheads

Old 08-27-2007, 09:25 AM

Default help choosing arrows/broadheads

LONG LONG time no post in here.
I always come back in the fall when my need for the outdoors picks back up.

Anywho,
this is going to be my first archery season, and I was planing on using aluminum arrows but I know there is a chance I will miss and when that happens it is pretty much over for the arrow. that is just one of many reasons I have.

I want to go to carbon shafts.
and I and in a bit of a budget right now.
I would say 60 - 70 dollar range.
any advice on what I should get?

also.
I need help choosing broadheads.

any help would be great.
I have been practicing all year long getting ready for this.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: help choosing arrows/broadheads

Goldtip XT's 5575 great arrow and spitfire mechanical broadhead or rage 2 bladed broadhead.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can't make a particular arrow choice as you don't give bow weight, and draw length. Also length of arrow and tip weight.

What do shoot that is ruining your aluminum arrows? Be advised that anything that totally wrecks an aluminum may very well wreck a carbon. They are more impervious to bending, but anything that is hard such as rocks or trees and such can do damage to a carbon. They will take more abuse, but are not indestructable.

On a budget? Get half dozen properly spined Golt Tip XT's or Expeditions and a pack of 6 Muzzy's. Not the latest and greatest head out there. Just been around a long time and you can get them and new blades almost anywhere. KISS.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

Can't make a particular arrow choice as you don't give bow weight, and draw length. Also length of arrow and tip weight.

What do shoot that is ruining your aluminum arrows? Be advised that anything that totally wrecks an aluminum may very well wreck a carbon. They are more impervious to bending, but anything that is hard such as rocks or trees and such can do damage to a carbon. They will take more abuse, but are not indestructable.

On a budget? Get half dozen properly spined Golt Tip XT's or Expeditions and a pack of 6 Muzzy's. Not the latest and greatest head out there. Just been around a long time and you can get them and new blades almost anywhere. KISS.
Good advice. You can also pickup some Basspro CarbonFury stuff cheap. Fairly tough arrows.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

I just picked up a half dozen easton axis arrows for 60 bucks. They're great arrows and seem to shoot very very straight..i love em'. I have a 28.5 inch draw and shoot 65 pounds so bought the 400's if you have a little longer draw you might need the 340's..have to ask bow shop..good luck!!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:00 AM

Easton ST Excel arrows and Muzzy 100 grain 3 Blade broadheads are hard to beat for the money.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Spike

i like all the muzzy guys out there. deffinatly the best heads, and you shouldnt do much damage to aluminum arrows unless your shooting cinderblocks there tuff ive been shooting lumies for 12 of the sixteen years of my life and there great killed alot of deer with them