Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

thinkin

Old 08-27-2007, 05:21 AM

Default RE: thinkin

Originally Posted by [link=http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/showProfile.aspx?memid=1416
FRALEY[/link]]I have to be honest I thought this was a peta setup with the nickname.

So did I!!! Other than that I beleive Grasshopper answered that question about as well as anyone could have. GJ GH!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:23 AM

Ditto, I was thinking PETA before I even clicked on the thread. Good answer Grasshopper.

Ken
Old 08-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

I didn't consider that it might be someone from PETA. Really, it doesn't matter who asked the question...the answer is the same. I always try to answer this question in a respectful way. It's something I care deeply about.

GH
Old 08-27-2007, 05:54 AM

AMEN!!!!!!! Grasshopper!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's sad that so many humans think our species is not part of the natural order.

Even the most extreme vegan is still an animal killer. The home he occupies takes up space that wildlife once used and could still use. The very act of him living there prevents deprives animals of habitat. Even if he doesn't actively kill, he prevents animals from living.

If he drives a car, he has killed animals. The drilling/pumping/refining facilities, the gas stations, the streets and highways... Again, all taking up habitat. Even if he has never run over an animal with his vehicle, he is still participating in an activity that kills millions of animals every year. Not to mention the numerous insects he has to clean off the windshield. What does one of these folks think when a big ol' grasshopper squashes into a big yellow splotch on his windshield? I've never yet seen one pull off to the side of the road and hold a memorial service for the deceased.

What does one think about all the animals that have died in agricultural operations? The farmers plowing their fields kill animals by the millions to bring vegans their salad fixin's.

It's a fact of life. If you live, there is blood on your hands. Even if you don't use animal products at all, animals die in order for you to live your 'civilized' life. There are people who choose to close off their minds to how they effect the natural world around them. They put animals on a pedestal and wonder how anyone could possibly desire to harm them, all the while having millions of animals slaughtered in their name.

Hunters are simply more attuned to the natural world. We recognize our place in the natural order. We recognize that without our aid, wild animal herds will die of disease and starvation if we allow them to overpopulate their increasingly limited habitat. We may feel a bit of sadness for each animal we kill, but we also know a quick bullet or arrow is far easier for the animals than weeks of suffering from starvation or sickness. We kill some so that others can live and be healthy.

Hunters know their place in the Circle of Life and actively participate in it.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:28 AM

well said, what is peta
Old 08-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Typical Buck

Nice answers, Grasshopper & Arthur.

Yeah, I thought PETA (People for the Ehtical Treatment of Animals), too, when I saw the handle and read the question.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:42 AM

Good answers grasshopper, arthur
Old 08-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHunterJim

well said, what is peta
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

Google it and read a little bit of their website, you will get the idea.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

ORIGINAL: BowHunterJim

well said, what is peta
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals

Google it and read a little bit of their website, you will get the idea.

I figured it wassarcasm.......

Quick Reply: thinkin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.