Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 We are so unlucky .. (photo's) >

We are so unlucky .. (photo's)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

We are so unlucky .. (photo's)

Old 08-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default We are so unlucky .. (photo's)

Living in the UK is a bummer ( if you like bowhunting ) , especially when the only way you can hunt the deer is rifle . I got within 30 yds of these guys in Glen Coe earlier this year , i'm going back in september to get more pictures ... and a bit of climbing .

How can i get them to change the Law on bowhunting [:@].

Dave

Old 08-26-2007, 11:26 AM

Default RE: We are so unlucky .. (photo's)

How can i get them to change the Law on bowhunting
Walk into your local law making peoples offices, strapped with dynamite and demand them to change the laws or else....

Old 08-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

Move over here.

Then you would be one of the rare ones that come here to change to our ways and not to come here and try to have this country change to your ways.[:@][:@][:@]
Old 08-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

WOW, I did not know that it was illegal in the UK. Is that the whole "country"?

I feel for you Bailsuk, I could actually forego hunting if bowhunting was illegal.

Is there archery groups, enthusiasts, etc that funding is available to go to the "governement"? I have to apologize, I'm not familiar with UK politics so I can not make recommendations. Here we start with getting a Senator/Representative to sponsor a bill....and it's a long political agenda oriented process. Currently I'm involve with the United Blood Trackers and Deer Recovery to get a bill passed in my state to allow tracking dogs for wounded game. Two years in a row the bill was "postponed" because of some lacky Senator who wanted to attach his own agenda to a the bill which would have nothing to do with said bill. It's politics as usual.

I wish you the utmost luck if you take up the fight.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trust me ,if it meant i did not have to leave these guys behind ... i would move to the states tomorrow, Seperation makes it kinda difficult .

Dave
ORIGINAL: StrutNtom

Move over here.

Then you would be one of the rare ones that come here to change to our ways and not to come here and try to have this country change to your ways.[:@][:@][:@]

Old 08-26-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have em come with ya!!!!
Old 08-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got myself into bowhunting after seeing a write up 15 years ago , i never did anything about it until 6 months ago . i finally made a commited effort to getting a bow . My ex wife never liked the idea ofme taking on new hobbies, however that all changed 3 years ago ( we split ) . Trouble was i was broke for 2 years and now i making sure nothing stops me from fulfilling an ambition of mine ,to go bowhunting and get myselfa whitetail .This year , next year , wheneverand however long it takes , it will happen .

As for starting a bill , i can only see what my fellow archers in the UK feel about it .
Ihave recently joined a field archery club ( LEFA) , i will approach some of the guys to see what they think .
Will keep you informed .

Seems a shame to let them Gun guys have all them Deer and all the fun .

Dave
ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

WOW, I did not know that it was illegal in the UK. Is that the whole "country"?

I feel for you Bailsuk, I could actually forego hunting if bowhunting was illegal.

Is there archery groups, enthusiasts, etc that funding is available to go to the "governement"? I have to apologize, I'm not familiar with UK politics so I can not make recommendations. Here we start with getting a Senator/Representative to sponsor a bill....and it's a long political agenda oriented process. Currently I'm involve with the United Blood Trackers and Deer Recovery to get a bill passed in my state to allow tracking dogs for wounded game. Two years in a row the bill was "postponed" because of some lacky Senator who wanted to attach his own agenda to a the bill which would have nothing to do with said bill. It's politics as usual.

I wish you the utmost luck if you take up the fight.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Typical Buck

well your on a great website and theirs plenty of ppl woth plenty of land here in the us and if u let everyone kno ur story im sure some1 will cut u a break and let u hunt with them here for free food and all paid for just pay for ur flight bring ur bow
Old 08-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Strange I always pictured the UK backwoods, meaning that guns were not aloud. I guess it shows how little I know about the world
Old 08-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Spike

Bailsuk, I would get as many people as you can into archery. They don't have to necessarily hunt, but they would at least be familiar with the sport. You might not see the ripple effect, but your kids might. Word of mouth is a powerful thing. Also, get some monetary numbers from records on the internet to show how much hunting can positively impact the economy. Money talks! They can't deny the numbers, or the logic, to allow bow hunting if they already allow rifle hunting.

Have you considered hunting in France? I would never suggest this but I saw Tom Nelson from Limbsavers show hunting there for deer with archery equipment. I don't know the cost, but I'd check out areas that are close, relatively, France, Germany, Scandanavian countries, etc.

Does the archeryban also cover the area of Scotland, or are they treated separately? If not, the Scottish highlands would be an awesome place to hunt.

Just a few thoughts.

Quick Reply: We are so unlucky .. (photo's)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.