Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Slick Tricks vs. Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade >

Slick Tricks vs. Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Tricks vs. Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade

Old 08-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Slick Tricks vs. Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade

I shoot Muzzy 100 grain 3 blades.

I hear a lot of great talk about the Slick Tricks. But from the looks of them (on MeanV's new website), theyappear very simlar to Muzzy's.

Is there an advantage and what is it?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Tricks vs. Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade

one peace ferrule. alcatraz blade locking system, super dee duper sharp blades, more accuracy...............what else do i need to say?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

one peace ferrule. alcatraz blade locking system, super dee duper sharp blades, more accuracy...............what else do i need to say?
Atta boy bullet hole, you're coming along nicely.

He's correct... actually. Personally I like the fact that you don't have to screw the tip on over the top of the blades. The blades are sturdier than the standard muzzy 3 blade. Obviously there is more cutting surface as well. I won't bash the muzzies because they kill A LOT of deer every year, but personally I'll shoot the ST's for years to come. They'll be in my quiver for my elk hunt as well.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:54 PM

Muzzy are the best broadhead out there. You can't beat them.....
Old 08-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Fork Horn

The guys above hit that one on the head. All steel ferrel compaired to an aluminum Muzzy ferrel. the Slick Tricks fly like mad too. I shot Muzzys for years until the first day I shot a ST.

Jason
Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 AM

shoot them both and then tell me
Old 08-25-2007, 09:21 AM

I'll have torecommend the Slick Tricks. Not that Muzzy's aren't a good head, but I have had problems getting the tips to go on correctly. There are some that have a slight wobble if the tips aren't threaded properly.
ST's don't have that problem and I've found that they resharpen much easier.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot muzzys for years and never had a problem one with them. I had them in some pretty damaging situations and have always been impressed with their outcome.Aluminum ferrule or not I cant recall any of them bending/breaking in any situation I had them in?

But...this year I will be using slick trick mag100's because Gary from slick tricks gave me a new pack to ake things right because in 05' i tried them and to be honest they were junk. But after talking with Gary he explained to me that in 05' they had some heat treatment problems with a not so strong ferrule! He has now IMPROVED the ferrule with better steel and I believe he got rid of heat treatment so he could not run into the same problems?? Anyhow the slicks are great so far they fly just like my field tips! Also with the GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE that I got from Gary I wouldnt think twice about what I want to shoot now!

I will be putting them to the test this year! I will be sure to let everyone know the outcome of there perfomance!

But to basically answer the question I dont think your going to be wrong in any choice you make, but if your going to make a switch Slick Trick is the way to go!!

Also... the only downfall that I can find on the slick tricks that I havent talked to Gary about yet is I wonder if he makes a practice head(blades) because these damn things are definantely tearing up my broadhead taget! haha I guess thats a good thing!!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:16 PM

Slick tricks are smaller than the muzzys but they fly like my field points unlike my muzzys. They are a fixed head and fly accurate....plus they're sharp...that's good for me.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Slick tricks are smaller than the muzzys but they fly like my field points unlike my muzzys. They are a fixed head and fly accurate....plus they're sharp...that's good for me.
Chances are.....this isn't the BH's fault. If your bow is in tune....they should all fly true.

Nothing against other BH's......and I find it humorous when people have to claim there's is "best ever"...."nuff said"....lol.

When a Muzzy fails me......and it's not my fault......I'll think about switching. Chances are.....I'll be shooting them for a long time.

Quick Reply: Slick Tricks vs. Muzzy 100 grain 3 blade

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.