HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Well it's official........... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/204014-well-its-official.html)

uncle matt 08-25-2007 09:05 AM

Well it's official...........

My fingers are getting too old to finger shoot anymore. Went and put a loop on the string (and some new silencers).

Now I gotta decide on a release.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-25-2007 09:08 AM

RE: Well it's official...........

You'll be amazed at how your groups will shrink.....you'll be wishing you did it earlier.;) I'm not sure to console you or congratulate you.;):D Which ever it is, welcome to the release world.

If you want a great one, consider the Truglo Copperhead or Scott Wildcat...might as well get a good one. :)

GMMAT 08-25-2007 11:20 AM

I'll be surprised if your bow fits you, now.

uncle matt 08-25-2007 01:25 PM

Hey! Actually it seems age has nothing to do with it. I AM NOT OLD!

There is a bone chip from the inside of the last digit of my right middle finger. It runs side-to-side and it has settled back on the front edge of the bend.

Probobly time for a little cut on in there and grind type surgery?

uncle matt 08-25-2007 01:26 PM

And thanks for the advice Rob, I will look into those Copperhead & Wildcat releases first.

Sliverflicker 08-25-2007 01:31 PM

What ever you get make sure it has a wrist strap! Alot of finger shooter that switch over have a FLASHBACK and let the hole release go.
Hope you have a smooth transition, and good luck.

hatchet jack 08-25-2007 03:22 PM

Winn C-10 Its still like shooting with fingers.

Hatchet Jack

GTOHunter 08-25-2007 05:16 PM

Quit saying Uncle Matt's old.......or he'll beat you with his cane! LMAO :D;)

I shot for 2 years with my fingers and finally went to a release and it is so much easier for me to pull the string and I shot better groups.Just go to your local Archery Shop and see what types they have and which one feels the best! ;)

GMMAT 08-25-2007 06:28 PM

Won't this change the draw, considerably?

bloodcrick 08-25-2007 06:39 PM

Hang around huntin camp a little longer next time so i can meet you and i willlet you know if your old or not!!:D:D[8D][8D] good luck with the fingers! ;)

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

Hey! Actually it seems age has nothing to do with it. I AM NOT OLD!

There is a bone chip from the inside of the last digit of my right middle finger. It runs side-to-side and it has settled back on the front edge of the bend.

Probobly time for a little cut on in there and grind type surgery?