Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Things to do in the Stand >

Things to do in the Stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Things to do in the Stand

Old 08-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Things to do in the Stand

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Jm.... my thing with the playing games is I usually know about when deer will be moving through
Soooo then why don't you just get there 5 minutes before they get there and you won't have to sit all day.

My deer move when they want to, not when I wish they would.

Ok let me rephase that... in early season say sept15th through oct20th the deer are pretty easy to figure out when they will be coming through IMO(then again i aint huntin elusive 150'' deer)! After this time when the pressure gets on and the rut coming up in a couple weeks I tend to let the cell sit longer without playing my games! But in the early season like when you get in the tree at 1-2oclock in 90degree heat the deer generally dont move until 5-6? So that 4hr span there is where I like to be a lil nerd in a tree! haha
Old 08-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

TeeJay says that he plays with himself while on stand; try that.
Don't do that while wearing your release.
LMAO!!
Old 08-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

I usually hunt when I am on stand. To hell with all that other crap.

It is hard enough to spot a deer when you are paying attention. How do you expect to see one while you are playing games or reading a book? I might eat a snack but other than that I am looking for deer!
Well said
Old 08-24-2007, 04:36 PM

When I first get to my hunting spot it's normally before legal hunting time and too dark to see. At that time I'll setup all my hunting gear and get it ready and then I'll just sit and listen and try to keep my flashlight turned off so my eyes adjust to the darkness around me. I watch for other hunter's flashlights in the distance, so that I can shine my flashlight on them to try to turn them away from me and make them aware of me at the same time. Once legal hunting time rolls around I'm too busy keeping my eyes out for deer to be amusing myself with games, books, or anything like that. Plus the other critters and nature itself are my amusement. I don't get to see true nature where I live, so I enjoy it while I have the chance during hunting season.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:52 PM

man i go to football and there is 7 pages of info that is all saying what not to do in a stand.
Old 08-24-2007, 06:27 PM

TeeJay says that he plays with himself while on stand; try that. I myself am always brainstorming up some idea or hunting plan and passing the time in a stand is easy for myself.
NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a game ear sometimes when I sleep, you will know when something gets close.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doesnt every one I mean come on poeple!

TeeJay says that he plays with himself while on stand; try that. I myself am always brainstorming up some idea or hunting plan and passing the time in a stand is easy for myself.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Doesnt every one I mean come on poeple!

[blockquote]quote:

TeeJay says that he plays with himself while on stand; try that. I myself am always brainstorming up some idea or hunting plan and passing the time in a stand is easy for myself. [/blockquote]
No........ I'm pretty sure that's your own personal claim to fame. Good luck with that.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHunterJim

man i go to football and there is 7 pages of info that is all saying what not to do in a stand.
So pretty much all weve got from has been critisism...? the 5 times youve posted have been telling people they arewrong. There is no wrong way to hunt. If done legal and ethical, its just about getting out there man. Who cares if you play tetris or read while on stand? You do youre thing and leave each to his own.

I do a lot of day dreaming and watching birds and squirells or whatever happens to come my way.

Quick Reply: Things to do in the Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.