Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What challenges do you face in your area? >

What challenges do you face in your area?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What challenges do you face in your area?

Old 08-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What challenges do you face in your area?

1.Coyotes
2.corn on all sides
3.other people who just tramp through not even caring that you are in the stand there making as much noise as possible to scare away the deer.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

developers [:@]
Old 08-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of my bowhunting is on small tracts of private ground.The challenge with that is the ability to hunt a deers entire pattern.In most cases it is not even close to possible. I also do some some big woods/Mountain archery hunting,the challenge with that is lower deer numbers,coyotes and there is still in some instances private land issues.We have a lot of state land that is boxed in by private land.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here at home....
Excessive hunting pressure.
Small acreages.
Next to no terrain features.

Down at camp....
Excessive hunting pressure, mostly public land.
Over 2 hours away.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

On one of the properties i hunt, last year they had beans and seeing deer was no problem. This year they have corn on most of it which makes it hard to see the deer, but there is stilla small area of soy beans. I think i might try to hunt in between the two fields to see if i can catch them moving from one to the other.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:02 PM

1. People trying to get everyone to hunt the way they do, like complaining about others shooting 1.5 year old bucks even though that makes some people perfectly happy

2. Picking which stand to sit in or which property to hunt at. I swear when ever I am in one stand, I get pictures of big bucks on my game cameras at the others. It can drive a guy crazy, in fact, I think it is a conspiracy.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:19 PM

Hunting Area 1 (State Forest) [ul][*]The two (sometimes more) hour drive through a construction area.[*]The high amount of hunters and hunting pressure.[*]The forestry fences can become troublesome if you're not familiar with where they are. It's a long walk to go around them. [/ul]
Hunting Area 2 (State Game Lands) [ul][*]The two (sometimes more) hour drive through a construction area.[*]The high amount of hunters and hunting pressure.[*]Major logging and oil well installation work being done the past couple seasons changes the deer patterns often.[*]Large fields with sapplings all around them, no treestand abilities.[/ul]
Hunting Area 2 (Military Base) [ul][*]Inability to plan out a good bowhunting routine due to hunting areas opening and closing randomly all year due to their military training schedule.[*]Possibility that sometimes everyone chooses the same hunting area and it gets crowded or that only one area is open that day forcing everyone to hunt the same small area.[*]Finding unexploded ordinance while hunting is never fun. [&:][*]"Earn A Buck" being only enforced on the bowhunters and not the firearm hunters on their land.[*]Risk in some areas if your deer runs into the neighboring area they will tell you that you cannot retrieve it and they wont' retrieve it for you. [:@]
[/ul]
Hunting Area 3 (State Game Lands) [ul][*]The high amount of hunters and hunting pressure.[*]Small area to hunt in, not very much land. [/ul]
Old 08-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know some of you saw these picture already but hereare my biggest challenges. These belong in the hunting world of "priceless" pictures IMO

Old 08-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

LMAO...you should send that in to whoever makes your camera. Its so funny, he is looking at you and taking a crap in your corn. hahaha...that is just to good
Old 08-24-2007, 02:01 PM

1st area:Public land so there are always lots of hooligans out there which i hate. Trees are so thick hard to get a shot at an animal standing in the trees. Very mountainous so hard to go for a a hike without losing a lung or two.

2nd area: flat prairie so very challenging to sneak up or stalk game, but that just adds to the sense of accomplishment when i bag an animal.

3rd area: Well no problems really, private land got about 10 sections of land to hunt, lots of different areas to hunt, can almost find every type of big game animal in Alberta there Moose, Elk, Mule and Whitetail deer, Black bear, Grizz, Wolf, Coyote, Wolverine, Big Horn(very very rare though), Cougar. Most area accessible with quad if we down an animal, got a cabin back in there that the rancher lets us stay at. Has easy walkin areas and some hard waklin areas but all worth the hike. And its only 1hr from my door step. Oh and not to mention amazing creek to fish that runs right threw it.

Quick Reply: What challenges do you face in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.