Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illuminocks

Old 08-23-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Illuminocks

I've been debating on whether I should get the Illuminocks or not? Does anyone have any advise about them? Are they worth getting?
Old 08-23-2007, 02:02 AM

Default RE: Illuminocks

I mean Lumenocks
Old 08-23-2007, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't hunted with them yet, but they are fun to shoot in my backyard. Should really make the arrow easier to find. Plus be able to see exactly where the arrow impacts the deer.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt with them and I think they work just fine. It is one of those items that you don't need and you would be fine without but they are nice to have.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

All the ones I have had worked fine. Make your own. It's cheaper and very easy to do.

Darrall Dougherty
Old 08-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've used them for practice but haven't taken them in the woods yet. My only complaint is that they are expensive. I agree with Darrall, if you have the means make them yourself. If you do a search on the site I'm sure you'll come up with some instructions.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 AM

Washingtonhunter posted a youtube link a while back that showed the guy making them at home, it seemed fairly simple to do.

Ken
Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MC Bowhunter

All the ones I have had worked fine. Make your own. It's cheaper and very easy to do.

Darrall Dougherty
Can you please illuminate me on how to make your your own?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think they are awesome but I cannot use them with my ACC's without taking out the factory nock bushing and I won't do that just to use them.

If I ever switch arrows, (doubtful) I will indeed give them a shot (pun intended).

Old 08-23-2007, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Here is the pic I have. I do mine a little different though. I used smaller then a 3/32 hole all the way through the nock. Also I didn't need to use the pin through the side to hold the light in the nock. Just push it up in the hole and then put some super glue down the hole you drilled all the way through the nock. My light fit in the nock real tight so glue may not even need to be used. What I did was sanded the nock on the sides where it goes in the nock bushing to the point that I could pull it out by hand. Then when I get to my stand I just pull the nock out and turn the light on. That way you don't need to worry about if it's going to come on when you shoot or not. I got my light at Walmart but have also seen them it Bass Pro.

Darrall

Quick Reply: Illuminocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.