Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ive had it!!!!

Old 08-22-2007, 10:43 PM

Default Ive had it!!!!

ive had it with my mathews bow grip. let me explain a little back ground here.
I was checking out a new archery shop today. when i walked in they courtously asked me if there was any thing they could help with. I told them "no im just looking". before I knew it the old man had a rest installed on a hoyt vetrix. he let me hold it (I didnt want to but he wanted to show it to me) he showed me his shooting range and had me put a few through tha vetrix. And now im *issed. the bow shot better than the mathews. it was just as quiet, the same recoil (Zero) but one thing I noticed it did better. the grip, it allined nice and straight every time. I aimed it (had to go instinctive) and it shot in the same spot every time. it was reall good.
Now the mathews is fast enough, quiet, and no recoil. but trying not to torque it is a reall pain in the but. not for the vetrix. he showed me a fred bear and browning bow. the code was the worst of the 3. a little more shock vibrateing through the riser after the shot. the browning was real good the best of the 3.
not a one was nearly as bad as the switchbackXT.
So ive been looking at the torquless grips tonight. they are straight up and down, way slimmer than the mathews. and about the same width as the other bows were.
So I wonder, It should do the trick right?
I like the colors "blue and black" and "evergreen 147".
well if any one has gotten one of these grips please let me know if it worked out for you. I need to know. thanks
Old 08-22-2007, 10:51 PM

Default RE: Ive had it!!!!

Should definately be an upgrade over the bulky stock mathews grips. I think you will definately notice improvment in the consistency of your grip which is very important.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:51 PM

Trade your Mathews on the Vectrix!
Old 08-22-2007, 10:52 PM

I havn't shot a new bow for quite a while(just cause i dont want to get the itch to buy one), so i still shoot my Legacy. But, even back then, i liked the grips on the Hoyts a lot better than on mathews. I may have to go shoot one now though.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:05 PM

The Torqueless Grips are nice. Depending on if you want a high, low, or medium wrist you can get whatever you want, plus the looks of them really make the bow look nice. I just ordered a medium wrist Torqueless after shooting all three. I suggest you check out the Mathewsinc.com forums also, there are a few threads related to this same topic, with pics and instructions on how to remove your stock grip.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Dominant Buck

My bow shop owner just installed the torqueless grip on his '07 Drenaline. To me...it feels exactly like the '06 Allegiance grip.....which I was fond of.

Personally.....I think it's a HUGE step in the right direction. I don't think you'll be disappointed with it.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't Chuck Adams shoot a Hoyt for a VERY LONG TIME!!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Didn't Chuck Adams shoot a Hoyt for a VERY LONG TIME!!!!
YES
Old 08-23-2007, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Redneck Bowhunter

Trade your Mathews on the Vectrix!
Why downgrade?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:39 AM

im with redneck bow huner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.