Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting >

need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Old 08-24-2007, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Hey atlas,

You ever consider any type of competitive sports? I think you'd be great at dodgeball. If you don't get it, read my "it's that simple" post above. It (buying import), all started somewhere man.

5am now and I'm leaving my loved ones before sun-up and in a few months wil be coming home after sun-down so I'll have enough money to pay the "American" Mortgage company of my choice and the "import" truck manufacturer of my choice.

Quality sells. Everything else is just a creative dance of denial around the truth.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

Rather, it is because what they have been buying in the past failed them time and again.
This has to be one of the lamest rationalizations ever. I (and everyone in my family) have owned nothing but American vehicles my whole life. Not even one time did any of us have what would be considered "a lemon" or a car in need of constant repair.

My Sierra is under full warranty for 6 years 80,000 miles........Ive had it 4 years and used it once.

This illusion that all American cars are junk and foreign cars last forever is ludicrous..............pure urban legend.

EVERY Datsun, Nissan and Toyota that was made in the 70's-80's turned into a massive rust bucket............the beds on Nissan/Datsun trucks were famous for practically rusting right off.............Why?? Because they used cheap steel to make their vehicles more affordable. Everyone seems to conveniently forget that though. If one of the Big 3 had that problem they would still be getting crucified for it.

If foreign cars are SOOOOOOO reliable and last SOOOOOOOO long........how come our streets aren't littered with 20-30 year old foreign cars??

Weird.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

I've owned them all and nothing has come close tomy Titan.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: Hoytail Hunter

Hey atlas,

You ever consider any type of competitive sports? I think you'd be great at dodgeball. If you don't get it, read my "it's that simple" post above.
Don't flatter yourself........your post and/or logic isn't even worth dodging.......it's just lame.

5am now and I'm leaving my loved ones before sun-up and in a few months wil be coming home after sun-down so I'll have enough money to pay the "American" Mortgage company of my choice and the "import" truck manufacturer of my choice.
Boo Hoo...........lots of people work long hours to support a family...........back stabbing your neighbors is not mandatory because you have to go to work.

Quality sells. Everything else is just a creative dance of denial around the truth.
More like jealousy, envy, and spite................but your words sound more noble
Old 08-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

A Japanese company ( Toyota ) and an American company (General Motors decided to have a canoe race on the Missouri River . Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the race.
On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile.
The Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the crushing defeat. A management team made up of senior management was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action. Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the American team had 8 people steering and 1 person rowing.
Feeling a deeper study was in order, American management hired a consulting company and paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion. They advised, of course, that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough people were rowing.
Not sure of how to utilize that information, but wanting to prevent another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team's management structure was totally reorganized to 4 steering supervisors, 3 area steering superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering manager. They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1 person rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder. It was called the 'Rowing Team Quality First Program,' with meetings, dinners and free pens for the rower. There was discussion of getting new paddles, canoes and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices and bonuses.
The next year the Japanese won by two miles.
Humiliated, the American management laid off the rower for poor performance, halted development of a new canoe, sold the paddles, and canceled all capital investments for new equipment. The money saved was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses and the next year's racing team was out-sourced to India .

Sad, but oh so true . Here's something else to think about: Ford has spent the last thirty years moving all its factories out of the US, claiming they can't make money paying American wages. Toyota has spent the last thirty years building more than a dozen plants inside the US
The last quarter's results:
Toyota makes 4 billion in profits while Ford racked up 9 billion in losses. Ford folks are still scratching their heads.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Dominant Buck

This illusion that all American cars are junk and foreign cars last forever is ludicrous..............pure urban legend.
I won't go so far as to say they're "junk". We do things on a business model, here, though.

Cost of procurement + cost of maintenace (over a period of time) offset by cost of re-sale.

I don't like the big three's chances in that equation.Note there is NOWHERE in my business equation for "emotion". I didn't stab anyone in the back. I made a business decision.

I have a GMC Yukon and a Chrysler (Jeep Wrangler) that "I" own. Honestly....I paid $24K for the (list) $46K Yukon when it was a year old 2003 (35Kmi.). I paid $1K for the 2003 Jeep, this year (48Kmi.). If I had to pay reatial (or close) for them....I'd have researched a similar model to the business example.

People don't like it whenothers tell them whatdeer to shoot.....but it's OK to tell someone else what they shoud buy with THEIR money???

Twisted isthe word that comes to mind.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Save me the patriotic bull****, Gary. I figured you above that.

We've changed alliances so many times through the years I sometimes have to pick up a history book to remember who all we've slept with/been screwed by/lied to or fought. It's been a revolving door for decades of love/hate.
WOW that was a shot, so your saying he should not be patriotic???

Old 08-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: lrhuntr

Jeff let me put it this way.

The guy in Detroit who built those cars you do not want to drive, is a son or grandson of a guy that would have taken a bullet to save your freedom in WWII.
The guy in Japan to whom you want to give your money, is a son or grandson, of a guy who would have put a bullet in my grandfathers head in WWII.

If you want to take pop shots at Detroit more power to you. Lets not forget who the backbone of this economy was for many years.
Great post.

Yea but those Toyota's are sooo ugly!
Glad someone said it!
Well put!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Nope. I'm saying no one should question someone else's.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Nope. I'm saying no one should question someone else's.
BHF

GMMAT is correct i had no right to post what I did, and how I said it.

It was mean and childish on my part.

Quick Reply: need TRUCK recommendation for bowhunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.