Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

M.A.D calls

Old 08-22-2007, 05:24 PM

Default M.A.D calls

Anyone else use M.A.D calls? Last week I picked up the Heat Bleat. I liked it so much while I was at the local sportingoods store I picked up the Buck Growl. Great call! Has very realistic grunt and the growl is pretty sweet as well. I think this call along with my rattling antlers will be a deadly combo. And the Buck Growl with the Heat bleat is suppose to be another deadly combination.
Cant wait for the season! Oh and I also picked up a Realtree AP insulated jacket. Now I'm set!!

Old 08-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: M.A.D calls

Sounds like your set Sam. I never have heard a growl from a buck in the woods so am still a bit hesitant on that, Let us know how it works for you.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm gonna test out that buck growl if I get a chance this season.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used the growl last year with a fair amount of success. It combined with a snort weeze brought in three different bucks ranging from 125 to 160 inches, although none of those deer are currently on my wall or in my freezer that isnt the calls fault.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

I have usded MAD calls also. Turkey and buck and like them, although I cant say they have worked any better than other calls. I had an adjustablegrunt call that worked well for a couple of years, but didnt like the size of it. It was too bulky. Might try a growl this year, but they are bulky also in my opinion.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:27 PM
Typical Buck

First year for me. I picked up a Buck Growl around December after season was out. Kinda curious how it compares to the rest of my arsenol
Old 08-23-2007, 03:10 AM

Personally, I don't like the buck growl. It was so hard to get the right tone. Everytime I used it, sounded like a bad duck call. I have had better success with the Primos Buck Roar. It was so much easier to use and sounded so much better, plus it has a snort-wheeze built right in, no need to fumble to find other calls.