Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help plan a Trip - For next year. >

Help plan a Trip - For next year.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help plan a Trip - For next year.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Help plan a Trip - For next year.

I was just wondering what you guys think would be the best idea for my friends and I.

We all bowhunt, 3 of us gun hunt. The other one hasn't taken his firearms safety course yet. There are 4 of us that want to plan a trip.

I would like to plan something that we could just set up camp and stay for a few days. We are open to any game. Just don't have the interest for bear. I guess as of right now, the price range would just have to be something that isn't ridiculous. We would also be doing a "do it yourself" kind of deal. Whatever you guys think would be fun, just throw out some ideas. Thanks alot.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:34 PM

Default RE: Help plan a Trip - For next year.

Try like a Texas Ranch for bucks.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

Well beings, your from ND this would be a real cheap trip get a statewide archery antelope licence for SD and go up to zebach co. it is in NW SD there is tones goats and even more walk in. between my dad and i in the last 4 yrs weve killed 6 goats 12-14 up there all on walk in.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHunterJim

Try like a Texas Ranch for bucks.
That is something that I would never do

ORIGINAL: stevetatum

Well beings, your from ND this would be a real cheap trip get a statewide archery antelope licence for SD and go up to zebach co. it is in NW SD there is tones goats and even more walk in. between my dad and i in the last 4 yrs weve killed 6 goats 12-14 up there all on walk in.
That sounds like it could be some fun. Is there alot of public land? That is so close maybe we could plan a couple trips if that one didn't set us back much. Would love to try elk, even if we didn't kill anything, the mountains are awesome.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe a turkey hunt, possibly Nebraska?
Old 08-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

Hey, that is something that I haven't even though of until today. Weird thing is I saw a bunch feeding in a farmsteads yard on the way home from work today.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a turkey hunting trip to the black hills national forest. You can stay on the south dakota side or the wyoming side. Unforgettable experience and high success rate. Me and my friends tagged out in three days or less in both states. All do-it-yourself.

Ive done this trip for the past two years driving from Missouri (1000miles). For 3 people andhunting2 states we spent $550 per person. thats tranportation, food, lodging, tags, and everything else included. Coming from ND your driving costs would be cut in half.

If you need any info let me know.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Typical Buck

That would be fun, I sent a pm to ya regarding the information. Do you do spring hunts? Maybe I could plan a spring hunt, and a fall hunt of some sort. The more hunting the better
Old 08-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck_Slayer

That would be fun, I sent a pm to ya regarding the information. Do you do spring hunts? Maybe I could plan a spring hunt, and a fall hunt of some sort. The more hunting the better
Every spring me and my buddies take a couple trips out of state for turkey hunting. The black hills is by far our favorite.

PM sent!