Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My first try...homemade camo.(pics) >

My first try...homemade camo.(pics)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My first try...homemade camo.(pics)

Old 08-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My first try...homemade camo.(pics)

Let us know when you get it finished, im interested to see what it looks like
Old 08-22-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the compliments guys. I was actually worried that it was going to turn out horrible but we'll have to wait and see. As far as open pattern I'm going to fill it in a little more. I just started it and plan on starting with the larger pieces and then going back over it to fill in the smaller areas. I don't want to completely fill it in so it breaks up and blends in better. I'm tring to keep three general color schemes with the iron on pics. The one is a really dark brown, then a green and finally the lighter brown oak leaf pattern. I figured I'd stay away from black seeing as how there really isn't too much black in nature when you think about it. It's mostly shadows and if I'm in a tree then the real shadows will provide the darker contrast. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. Thanks again for the compliments, it definitely keeps me motivated.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh...by the way....I'm nicknaming it..."Project Photoflage"
Old 08-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'd wear it as is as a dress shirt.

A little too open so far but I'm really impressed bearklr, I can't wait to see the finish product....don't darken it up too much, leave an open pattern there. I think you've got a great start and how much fun is it going to be when you take an animal wearing it? That's the picture I look forward to.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it shows some real potential. Just don't make it too busy or it will end up turning all black.... So far its looking pretty good!

Someone mentioned getting a little bit of skyline mixed in.... not a bad idea.

I'd stick with just basic colors though. Two shades of brown, maybe some grey, use green and black sparingly.

In fact, I have some older camo shirts that have started to fade.... still got plenty of life in them and SUPER comfortable, I think I might give them a facelift with a similar procedure.

Great thinking, really good stuff!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey thats how the camo industry got started. somebodys tinkering first, then up the ladder. kudos for being innavative.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

looks good. Looks like it will blend right in here in Pa.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Fork Horn

That is pretty groovin'. You should just make the shirts how they are in the picture and i bet alot of people would buy that.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Impressive, it looks really good. I want to see it in action.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I think it shows some real potential. Just don't make it too busy or it will end up turning all black.... So far its looking pretty good!

Someone mentioned getting a little bit of skyline mixed in.... not a bad idea.

I'd stick with just basic colors though. Two shades of brown, maybe some grey, use green and black sparingly.

In fact, I have some older camo shirts that have started to fade.... still got plenty of life in them and SUPER comfortable, I think I might give them a facelift with a similar procedure.

Great thinking, really good stuff!

Yeah, that's going to be the tough part. I need to find the perfect mix so it doesn't turn into a blob out in the woods. I may keep it pretty sparse at first and test it in the field. Then I'll add a little bit here and there until I get the proper mix.

I think you've got a great start and how much fun is it going to be when you take an animal wearing it? That's the picture I look forward to.

Believe me, I look forard to that pic as well. That's part of the fun of all this. It will make any deer I take that much more rewarding knowing I evaded his detection using something I developed on my own. Keep your fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: My first try...homemade camo.(pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.