Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Personal antler restrictions? >

Personal antler restrictions?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Personal antler restrictions?

Old 08-27-2007, 04:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Personal antler restrictions?

If the antlers are big enough for me to get a good grip on them to drag that buck to my freezer it's probably going to get shot. If there's more than one the larger bodied one goes down regardless of antler size.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:40 AM

This year will be the first year that I have been able to even think about an antler restricion. Up till last year I have a hard time even seeing a good buck close enough to shoot at with a bow. However me and my hunting partner have restricted ourself this year to "nothing small". Whatever that may be! Due to a few new stand locations we inhabited last year our options have increased.

IMHO
Beforea personcan add a personal restriction one must know what he has to choose from.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

None. Venison is venison. You can tag six deer a year here in Virginia. After a couple are in the freezer, then I can get selective. I'm a firm believer in deer management. That's why I hunt.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:02 AM

I am proud to say I refuse to take anything less than an 8. However, my other half is insisting that I take one of the nice 6 ptrs we have wandering around out back. We'll see.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:12 AM

Im with Java. Ive decided on nothing smaller than a 7 point (definately during gun season) but I might accidentally shoot a nice 6 if he wonders to close.[:-]I will definately hold off as long as I can just forthe team to see what I can get a shot at. But I wont pass up a decent eight point.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: early in

It's just a simple question, not a debate!
nice.

For me it's three on one side.
I do not count browtines cause they can be tricky to see sometimes.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:20 AM

AT least eight and not a basket eight. I have three eight pointers already, one full mount, one antler mounted and one in the shed collecting dust so more eights is not what I am after. I passed three times on two different eights last year since I had some real nice pics of nine pointer. I think there is a difference between buck meat and nice young doe meat so if I want meat it will be a young doe, and the young bucks will go by. I am not a big QDM guy, but would like to get my points into the two digits zone! LOL!!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm looking for 100" or better in NJ or 110" or better in PA.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

This one here puzzles me, how do you have a hypothetical personal limit?
iF Ihad one it would bea at least a 8 past the ears.
But anyway, mine isanything that I feel is 3.5+ whichabout translates into 120" or better for the bucks in my area.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

I would say 8 or better but i have this 6 point in my woods and he is a tall boy and i don't know it might be a hard to hold back

Quick Reply: Personal antler restrictions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.