Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 He killed seventeen deer, last year..... >

He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

Old 08-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

Here in ViginiaI know some guys that kill 20 to 30 in a season, certain places its legal and on the goverment base in blackstone they will tag all the does for you .So you don't even have to buy bonus tags. They give the meat away and eat alot of it, some of it goes to Hunters for the Hungry. I hope to get in the double digits this year myself.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

I can't imagine killing the number of deer per year some of you guys are talking about.We get 6 deer a year 3 of either sex.I will do good to see 30 different deer during the course of a season.I only get to hunt mostly weekends though.Some of the states must really be running over with deer to be able to kill that many deer year after year and not hurt the population.If we killed 50 deer as a group on our land it would seriously put a dent in the herd.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigzombee69

I guess it is a pettin zoo in some of the areas I hunt, BUT... the homes I hunt around and there communities are in the millions of dollars. The house I harvest 90% of all the does is 26,000 square feet. That man is one of your congressman and he loves his yard. His wife spends in upwards of $55,000 dollars a yearon landscaping alone. THATS why I kill so many a year.

The whole community surrounds a state park that has never allowed hunting and On opening day of last year there where as many as 41 deer in his and his neighbors backyard just eating everything. The homeowner video taped does getting on there stomachs and crawling under the netting that was on her 1000 dollar bushes.

I dont give a damm what any one thinks, these deer are not tame or fenced in, there are just alot of them. If I wasnt hunting them with all my family and friends then the community would hire the state police snipers and swat team to reduce the heard.

I hunt those deer just like anywhere else, hunt the wind, pick the right tree, and pray.
You don't need to defend yourself on here. The whole reason any of us on this site are allowed to hunt is for the purpose of population control. You are doing your job well. Don't let those on here that aren't as fortunate get under your skin.

Those that want to call them pets would hunt with you in a heartbeat if you invited them.

Do you smell that? Yeah, that smell. It's called jealousy!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:41 PM

If I'm reading my Twra book correctly I'm only able to kill two bucks all year. I'm in unit B. If you kill two buck's during the first of archery season your deer hunting is pretty much over for the year unless you take a doe during two days of the muzzle loader hunt. Please let me know if you think I'm wrong on this.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:51 PM

Yes. Deer has never been comparable in TN to what you have up north. BUT......In the last two years I'm seeing some of the most awsome bachlor herds I have ever saw. Things are changing for the better. Joe Shults from dream season is a friend of mine and lives abot 10 minutes from me. He made a comment on an episode of Dream season a few weeks ago that he hunts IL because he has bought a farm there and the buck's are much bigger than what he has at home and he also doesnt have any land leased here to hunt. I think he's spent so much time with the show in the last few years he actually isnt aware of how the buck sittuation has changed here. Shhhhh.......dont tell him.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: smkymtndeerhuntr

If I'm reading my Twra book correctly I'm only able to kill two bucks all year. I'm in unit B. If you kill two buck's during the first of archery season your deer hunting is pretty much over for the year unless you take a doe during two days of the muzzle loader hunt. Please let me know if you think I'm wrong on this.
I believe that is right if you are in unit b I am not sure I hunt unit L here in Northwest TN I believe Unit B just has a 2buck limit come join us on tndeer.com there is a lot of guyes on there from east TN that can help Find the forums link on there
Old 08-23-2007, 10:22 PM

Wow, around here your lucky if you see 17 deer a season!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

We have quantity in the south and yall have quality up north and out west. Everybody's happy.

Or Should be?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Typical Buck

The most deer I've taken in one season is 8 (last year), 4 bucks ands 4 does. We have a limit of 10 total of which 5 can be antlered in my game zone. In the coastal portion of SC, there is no limit on bucks on private land. Pretty liberal huh?

Average deer for me is; buck-185 lbs and 120 B&C net, and doe-135 lbs. Not huge by any standards, but I still enjoy being able to hunt one of the longest deer seasons in the country.

As far as only 'seeing' 17 deer in a season, I would hate to be ya'll. I see deer probably 80 percent of the time I go and that's probably 75 days a year.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took 6 last year with my bow. Thats the most ive ever taken in one season. Im looking to get into the double digits this year as long as the need for meat is still around. I really dont know of anyone that has really whacked em in one season with a bow...

Im interested to see how many you can put on the ground this year Jeff, should be fun to watch the results

Quick Reply: He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.