Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 He killed seventeen deer, last year..... >

He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

Old 08-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

I got three with bow two years ago. One buck, and two does.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:53 PM

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

I know a Shady Fellow

One who claims to have killed 52 in one year with The bow alone...

I dont like this guy... (if i have to say why you should be very dissapointed with yourself)

Ryan.
If it was in PA. it was not legal. You can't get that many tags.You should turn him in.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:55 PM

Heard someone in my neighborhood got 10 at the most and some of you people are saying 15+ pretty impressive!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:36 AM

I started bow hunting only 9 years ago,and my first year,I killed 6 deer.Since then,I average between 10 to 15 deer a year.I'm grateful for the quality hunting properties I have,and the liberal deer season in Maryland.To be very honest,I could easily kill twice that amount.Granted,most of these are does,but I do manage to harvest at least one good buck a year.With the bucks,if you are not going to hang it on the wall,don't shoot it.
I live in Baltimore county,and 90% of my hunting properties are within 10 miles of my frount door.Maryland might be an ultra liberal state,high taxes,Democrats,Washington,DC.and,of course Baltimore.But the two things that are really great about this state are the Baltimore Ravens and good hunting.And,they both happen in the fall...Bob
Old 08-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I took 19 off a DMAP permit one year. That almost ruined me. No fun to it at all.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I took 32 last season.

11 with a bow and 21 with a gun.

That was just during the season.

I miss SC... and overpopulated islands full of deer and no hunters....

I've known a few people to take over 50 here in VA... all legally during the season.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: archer58

ORIGINAL: my7pointmonster

I know a Shady Fellow

One who claims to have killed 52 in one year with The bow alone...

I dont like this guy... (if i have to say why you should be very dissapointed with yourself)

Ryan.
If it was in PA. it was not legal. You can't get that many tags.You should turn him in.
You sure can get that many tags. In WMU 5-D (my unit), you can get unlimited tags. Also, four extra weeks to fill them.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

I guess it is a pettin zoo in some of the areas I hunt, BUT... the homes I hunt around and there communities are in the millions of dollars. The house I harvest 90% of all the does is 26,000 square feet. That man is one of your congressman and he loves his yard. His wife spends in upwards of $55,000 dollars a yearon landscaping alone. THATS why I kill so many a year.

The whole community surrounds a state park that has never allowed hunting and On opening day of last year there where as many as 41 deer in his and his neighbors backyard just eating everything. The homeowner video taped does getting on there stomachs and crawling under the netting that was on her 1000 dollar bushes.

I dont give a damm what any one thinks, these deer are not tame or fenced in, there are just alot of them. If I wasnt hunting them with all my family and friends then the community would hire the state police snipers and swat team to reduce the heard.

I hunt those deer just like anywhere else, hunt the wind, pick the right tree, and pray.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know two guysThat had a compettion and one shot like 40 deer and the other one shot into the thirties. I couldnt stand either one of them,and mind you most of the killing was illegal[:@]
Old 08-23-2007, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I passed on 15 different Bucks last year TRYING for any of 3 particular Bucks. I killed 1 Doe & passed onmany more even though I had 2 bonus Doe tags. I donated the one I took (170# Iowa Doe) to a needy family.
I had another at 10 yards & was at full draw but just couldn't shoot her to be shooting a deer even though I know we need herd management. I tell myself I amGOING to fill those tags this year & donote the meat again to needy families.

Quick Reply: He killed seventeen deer, last year.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.