Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Taking one off the ground?? >

Taking one off the ground??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Taking one off the ground??

Old 08-20-2007, 01:48 PM

Default RE: Taking one off the ground??

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

And if your really looking for a challenge... Do it with out bait
what would we do without longbeard and his ladel? lol probably look for more of wolfens post, he knows how to push just the right buttons. that thread had me laughin the whole time seeing peoples reactions.

Bear hunting from the ground huh.....sounds right up my alley, i mean, how bad can a bear really maul you anyway?

Dan pm sent
Old 08-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Theres nothing like a spot and stalk. I shot my biggest buck like this it was the only way to get him.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Typical Buck

hey, Kodiak, do you know where I learned the "walk and only look when you're standing still" routine ? About 25 miles intopresteen rainforest with a fer de lance right in front of my feet, while I was ducking to go under a fallen tree....they won't swallow you whole like the teddybears you got on your island, but they do pack a mean bite...

F.

I do come frome a bear and wolf free country but if it were up to me I'd reintroduce them and give'm voting rights.....
Old 08-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

And if your really looking for a challenge... Do it with out bait
No if you really really want a challange shoot them without bait, off the ground, in the head, with a longbow. Now that would be a challange wouldnt it?
Old 08-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

I love hunting from the ground through natural blinds, stillhunting, stalking. More difficult?You bet. Butnothing beats the rush or reward of hunting at eye levelwith your game. About half of these were taken on the ground.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/62480817RzOwnm
Old 08-20-2007, 03:03 PM

Ive killed 2 off the ground one from 10 yards stalking and one from 25 yards (walking to my stand). The second was such a rush I was shaking so bad because I knew it was coming. The first one was all instict no time to think about it and plan it out.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

I've managed to take two from the ground. My first was a yearling. The second was a young 7 point that I rattled in 3 times before it was light enough to shoot. It was probably my most memorable buck, though not the biggest. It was definately a rush!

GH
Old 08-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

never takin one off the ground with a bow. Almost shot Sampahunter's buck off the ground while he was chasing a doe but he wouldn't stop. Oh well, first day of rifle i tagged a 9 point 2 minutes into the season in a cornfield off the ground, and when Sampahunter came down to help me drag my buck out, i pointed out the buck ialmost got in archery on the hill so he hammered him, an 8 point. Both were takin off the ground with a rifle.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot both a deer and a turkey with bow on the ground and stalking. (Yes I spot and stalked a turkey and took it with a bow) It was fun and I'm starting to do more ground hunting, especially when I go into back country. It's just easier not hauling a stand. Ordered a ghillie jacket this year and will see how it changes things.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Think I might try this, this season.

Is it as big a rush as people say it is?

Who's done this? Who's done it with trad. gear?
I've taken a few off the ground and last year was my most recent...a doe at about 8 yards...it was very intense!!!! I loved it.

Quick Reply: Taking one off the ground??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.