Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Look at this shot at 35 yards! >

Look at this shot at 35 yards!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Look at this shot at 35 yards!

Old 08-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Look at this shot at 35 yards!

Looks like your sights are on for the season. Nice shot!
Old 08-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are bored you need to move back. Even if you never plan on shooting past 35 yds practice out to 60 or further. looks like from your yard you could easily do that.

The advice a guy gave me at the range one day when I asked about putting 1" dots on the targets. He said, "Move back in distance if shooting atone distance is boring or becomes easy. I doubt you are hitting the spot you aim for every time so move back." When he told me that i thought he was nuts. However, once I started shooting at 50 yds and further I realized why he said that. You won't be bored trying to hit a 1" target at 50 yds. especially with BH's on

Hitting the boiler every time is easy. Aiming for one of your holes in the target and hitting it everytime is hard and good practice for the real thing. Was that with a BH or field tip? If your FT's throw on the Bh's and start practicing from out further.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off like a d$%$. Just my $.02 on the subject of even practicing a head shot.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shot....

I've done that few times
Old 08-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Nice shot....

I've done that few times
Yes you sure have...
Old 08-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Nice shot man that would certainly own that deer!
Old 08-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Scary when they actually go where you want them to...LOL
Sure he was aiming at the eye and meant to hit it there. WE all know better.

Dave, calm down. It's just a 3D target. No one is advocating you actually go out and shoot live deer in the eye. I shoot the targets in theeyes, ear canals, bung hole, etc... etc... But it doesn'tmean we shoot at live animals like this. It's jsut fun to mix itup on the range a little.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

If you are bored you need to move back. Even if you never plan on shooting past 35 yds practice out to 60 or further. looks like from your yard you could easily do that.

The advice a guy gave me at the range one day when I asked about putting 1" dots on the targets. He said, "Move back in distance if shooting atone distance is boring or becomes easy. I doubt you are hitting the spot you aim for every time so move back." When he told me that i thought he was nuts. However, once I started shooting at 50 yds and further I realized why he said that. You won't be bored trying to hit a 1" target at 50 yds. especially with BH's on

Hitting the boiler every time is easy. Aiming for one of your holes in the target and hitting it everytime is hard and good practice for the real thing. Was that with a BH or field tip? If your FT's throw on the Bh's and start practicing from out further.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off like a d$%$. Just my $.02 on the subject of even practicing a head shot.
It isn't practicing taking head shots,it is practicing hitting the spot you are aiming at.

It all gets boaring if you do it enough.When you throw a thousand arrows up there in a week and shoot atleast 1, 3-d shoot every weekend,see if you don't do a few things different from time to time to add a little spice.

I have also done all that you listed above,but much farther than 50 yards.

Hell,I havedone it at 3-d shoots just for fun.But when I did it,I was shooting down into a creek bed from an elevated position at a coyote eye.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

TFOX,

I'm sure you shoot enough to get that bored. However, I doubt most people have.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Dave, calm down. It's just a 3D target. No one is advocating you actually go out and shoot live deer in the eye. I shoot the targets in theeyes, ear canals, bung hole, etc... etc... But it doesn'tmean we shoot at live animals like this. It's jsut fun to mix itup on the range a little.
Yes I agree. It's just another spot on the target to hit. Nothing more , nothing less. It's also cheaper than "nock" hunting.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not anymore but I used too.

Some have different levels as towhen they get bored,the important thing is they are still practicing and becoming more efficient with their weapon.

Quick Reply: Look at this shot at 35 yards!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.