HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Block Target?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/203050-block-target.html)

BamaHuntin 08-19-2007 10:02 PM

Block Target??

I bought me a block 4x4 target and I usually leave it outside.Do they hold up alright out in the weather or should I bring it in?Seems like it would be fine outside but I just figured I'd see what everyone else'sexperinces have been like with it.
thanks,
JE

buckmaster 08-19-2007 10:05 PM

RE: Block Target??

I think they are completlly weather proof. i have the off-brand Red-Head version and its completley weather proof so surley the Block is.

Rob/PA Bowyer 08-19-2007 10:08 PM

Totally fine, the sun may fade it a bit but your broadheads will chew it up faster than the weather will.

game4lunch 08-19-2007 10:10 PM

It'll be allright for a while, but in time the plastic wrap will deteriorate and there is wood around the handle that could suffer. The handles usually don't last long either. I ended up rebuilding mine with duct tape, Wrapped it around it to secure plus made a handle out of it.

Pike_county_hunter 08-19-2007 11:23 PM

it should be alright for most of the year but i wouldnt let a bunch of snow build up on it in the winter or anything.

BowHunterJim 08-20-2007 12:20 PM

i would at least put it in a bag or sumthing when not in use. They will not stand up the rain for long and when that foam gets wet inside my uncleswas like 50 lbs and it will get moldy. take the 3 secs and put it inside.

Jim_IV 08-20-2007 12:24 PM

Ijust go one last week. I just pull it out of my shed and put it in the yard. When Im done I put it back. It not that much of a pain.

diehardhunter 08-20-2007 12:52 PM

If I where you I would put it in the garage when your done shooting. Ive had mine for 6 months and its pretty wore out. We got 10" of rain yesterday and my block is like a sponge and my arrows go clean through it.

Die Hard

26 Days!

BowHunterJim 08-20-2007 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: diehardhunter

If I where you I would put it in the garage when your done shooting. Ive had mine for 6 months and its pretty wore out. We got 10" of rain yesterday and my block is like a sponge and my arrows go clean through it.

Die Hard

26 Days!

now i hope mine last longer then 6 months for 100 dollar target

GR8atta2d 08-20-2007 01:01 PM

I've had mine for 4 years. I take it inside the garageafter shooting everytime. Granted I can't shoot the middle anymore as arrows pass right through. I shoot broadheads only near season opener. Cuz they tear out layers.

I did have to bring it into work and reband it last year.