Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!! >

Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2007, 01:41 PM

Default RE: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope Atlasman hammers a monster this year! He deserves it for all the ridicule this board has given him over the years. It's hard to believe that grown men use his kills as a punch line... Sure, ol' Atlas has flamed the fires for years, but it's never been personal... Some of you guys take it too far...
Old 08-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

I really hope Atlasman hammers a monster this year!
disagree, he is not on team 11

He deserves it for all the ridicule this board has given him over the years. It's hard to believe that grown men use his kills as a punch line... Sure, ol' Atlas has flamed the fires for years, but it's never been personal... Some of you guys take it too far...
Agree, unlike many people who start, or add a lot of information to heated topics, its never personal.

Good Luck to everyone this season, shoot what you want! Why let anyone on an internet forum tell you different?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Those that shoot anything legal are not restrained by anything but the law, so their actions are interfering with the trophy hunter's goals.
BINGO! We have a winner!

The underlying but rarely openly spoken reasoning behind this thread: "Everyone else should forfeit their own desires and support MY goals."

Old 08-20-2007, 01:49 PM
OGW

I read some of this thread yesterday and wished I had Popcorn...it's always an entertaining topic

Personally I and my Father wanted to shoot Larger Bucks on a property that we hunted in West Virginia each year. On this property we are not the only hunters and other people are hunting the way they want to(what ever that is). In 1998 we started shooting as many does as our licenses would allow and waited to see what happened in the following years. We talked to a few other people who we met while hunting and let them know what we were trying to do but reminded them they had every right to continue tohunt the way they wanted to...we were just trying this to see what happened.
We believe there are tangible results from a non-aggressive approach towards other hunters when trying something like this. It was our first attempt to manage any property and we were the only ones attempting it at the time we started! We're geussing but we believe they started to see more bucks and it starts to change how they look at whats possible.
Besides the fact we both like Deer meat and Does fill the coolers quite well each year...it was an experiment plain and simple. Our coolers are always full on the trip back home and we enjoyed seeing more bucks!
I'm still waiting(thats my doe in the pic below)but I'm enjoying whats happening along the way.
You can ask him ifhis wait was worth it...
In 2005 my father decided he wanted to shoot one of the deer he saw on the opening morning because it met his desire for "One To Send To The Taxidermist":

Hunt the way You Want To Hunt...We Will.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Say what ya want about Atlas, but all I know is thathe's batting 1.000 on the bowhunting contest. Not many people can say that... The guy's shot more deer than some of y'all have ever seen from a treestand.

I'd take him on my team any day.

Sometimes I think he doesn't deserve all the flack that comes his way. (I know, he argues, which invites the criticism). All is fair in love and war, I s'pose.

He fills his tags - and that alone, in my eyes at least, puts him among the elite in our sport. He knows deer, and could wait out a bigger one if he really wanted. We all know he could.However, he's showed us all, with his actions - not words, that size reallydoesn't matter (to him). I can respect that, personally.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Those that shoot anything legal are not restrained by anything but the law, so their actions are interfering with the trophy hunter's goals.
BINGO! We have a winner!

The underlying but rarely openly spoken reasoning behind this thread: "Everyone else should forfeit their own desires and support MY goals."

I make a prediction that in5 years 90% of states will have antler restrictions of some sort and that in10 years folks will be laughing at how ridiculous and archaic the mentality was of hunters and management practices in the old days. It's Darwinism at it's best...simply an evolutionary process. Many of our states went from few if any deer where there was no season or the bag limits were extremely restrictive, thento a population explosion where in some states you can shoot a deer a day, and eventually things will settle out and sound management practices will prevail. Don't hate me...I'm just a prophet on a mission.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

Say what ya want about Atlas, but all I know is thathe's batting 1.000 on the bowhunting contest. Not many people can say that...

Hi! As I raise my hand. And none of them were 1.5 year olds. And in the words of Jerry Seinfeld, "Not that there is anything wrong with that. "
Old 08-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Dominant Buck

He fills his tags - and that alone, in my eyes at least, puts him among the elite in our sport. He knows deer, and could wait out a bigger one if he really wanted. We all know he could.However, he's showed us all, with his actions - not words, that size reallydoesn't matter (to him). I can respect that, personally.
Hard to argue with that. I concur.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bingo.....a lot of the bashing is peer jelousy. People are worried about what others are going to say about them way too much. Atlas is a class act of doing what makeshimself happy....not a yahoo sitting at the other endof a keyboard. As stated above....he has taken more deer than some have seen.....is he a better hunter.....statistics don't lie.Argue about Scentloc and QDM as much as you want, but ask youself....who has more experience taking deer with a bow. Yep, again statistics don't lie.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I make a prediction that in 5 years 90% of states will have antler restrictions of some sort and that in 10 years folks will be laughing at how ridiculous and archaic the mentality was of hunters and management practices in the old days. It's Darwinism at it's best...simply an evolutionary process. Many of our states went from few if any deer where there was no season or the bag limits were extremely restrictive, then to a population explosion where in some states you can shoot a deer a day, and eventually things will settle out and sound management practices will prevail. Don't hate me...I'm just a prophet on a mission.
I make a prediction that you will have to change the regs to make that happen on public land. Not much of a prediction, I know, but that's the only way it'll work. But I don't know how well it's going to fly with the average Joe when trophy hunters approach wildlife commissions, trying to impose their will on the masses.

Quick Reply: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.