Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!! >

Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Ahh Love the yearly posts.. So Wolfen you made your post. Broad and Generic as it is..and then by page 2 quit responding.

So what are we letting grow? Deer or Horns (antlers for purests). Are we targeting age specific deer or a min score of XXX.

We need an accurate definition from a mature hunter, like yourself, soeth we too, can be judged.
^^^^ I'm still waiting on the rules ^^^^

You guys let Wolfen get your panties in bunches and let him walk out. Just like the scentlok thread..Atlas was hinting thatcarbon could possibly be altered to work somehow..and backed out!

These guys do it everytime..stir up emotion without sticking around when pinpointed.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: kevin1

ORIGINAL: wolfen68

With the season quickly approaching it is now the appropriate time to spread the message once again...it's time to come out of the cave, step into the light, mature as hunters, do the right thing, and let 'em go and let 'em grow.
A more mature hunter than you're ever likely to be would've wished us all a happy and successful season, not tried to tell us what or how to hunt. It's none of your bloody business what someone else shoots, grow up junior...
Sounds like you are all ate up with guilt...it's ok though, I understand. Making a paradigm shift can be painful and that pain can often times inhibit needed change which is why I exist...to promote needed change.

By the way...good luck this season
Old 08-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Making a paradigm shift can be painful and that pain can often times inhibit needed change which is why I exist...to promote needed change.
It's only "needed" when the individual deems it "needed". No one else can make that determination.

"I" "needed" to change my ideaology to get what "I" wanted out of hunting. What anyone else "chooses" to do is up to "them". Notice the repeated reference to individualism.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:13 PM

With the season quickly approaching it is now the appropriate time to spread the message once again...it's time to come out of the cave, step into the light, mature as hunters, do the right thing, and let 'em go and let 'em grow.
A more mature hunter than you're ever likely to be would've wished us all a happy and successful season, not tried to tell us what or how to hunt. It's none of your bloody business what someone else shoots, grow up junior...
Sounds like you are all ate up with guilt...it's ok though, I understand. Making a paradigm shift can be painful and that pain can often times inhibit needed change which is why I exist...to promote needed change.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:15 PM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Just like the scentlok thread..Atlas was hinting thatcarbon could possibly be altered to work somehow..and backed out!

These guys do it everytime..stir up emotion without sticking around when pinpointed.

Settle down fella............I haven't even read the new stuff over there yet.

Geeeesh
Old 08-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: atlasman

LOL!!! LMAO!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Quality Deer Management (QDM) is a management philosophy/practice that unites landowners, hunters, and managers in a common goal of producing biologically and socially balanced deer herds within existing environmental, social, and legal constraints. This approach typically involves the protection of young bucks (yearlings and some 2.5 year-olds) combined with an adequate harvest of female deer to maintain a healthy population in balance with existing habitat conditions and landowner desires. This level of deer management involves the production of quality deer (bucks, does, and fawns), quality habitat, quality hunting experiences, and, most importantly, quality hunters.

A successful QDM program requires an increased knowledge of deer biology and active participation in management. This level of involvement extends the role of the hunter from mere consumer to manager. The progression from education to understanding, and finally, to respect; bestows an ethical obligation upon the hunter to practice sound deer management. Consequently, to an increasing number of landowners and hunters, QDM is a desirable alternative to traditional management, which allows the harvest of any legal buck and few, if any, does.

QDM guidelines are formulated according to property-specific objectives, goals, and limitations. Participating hunters enjoy both the tangible and intangible benefits of this approach. Pleasure can be derived from each hunting experience, regardless if a shot is fired. What is important is the chance to harvest a quality buck - an opportunity lacking in many areas under traditional management. When a quality buck is taken on a QDM area, the pride can be shared by all property hunters because it was they who produced it by allowing it to reach the older age classes which are necessary for large bodies and antlers.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

[quote]ORIGINAL: atlasman

[quote]ORIGINAL: wolfen68

Mr. Motivation. I have been to this guy's seminars. Pump city!
Old 08-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Dominant Buck

wolfen....

I'm practicing QDM on the property I hunt....but I have to tell ya.....that article you posted is condescending, at BEST.

Once again.....I don't hear anyone ASKING!
Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

wolfen....

I'm practicing QDM on the property I hunt....but I have to tell ya.....that article you posted is condescending, at BEST.

Once again.....I don't hear anyone ASKING!

Say what??? Please elaborate...what was it about the article that offended you?

Quick Reply: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.