Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!! >

Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Trophy hunters lack a trophy of their own.[8D]
Old 08-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

thought things in the pot were getting a little stale so I brought my ladle.
it just happens to be a very small ladle.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: wolfen68

With the season quickly approaching it is now the appropriate time to spread the message once again...it's time to come out of the cave, step into the light, mature as hunters, do the right thing, and let 'em go and let 'em grow.
Thanks for the reminder, I'm with ya bro.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

thought things in the pot were getting a little stale so I brought my ladle.
it just happens to be a very small ladle.
Not the size of the ladel, but the flavor of the stew it stirs
Old 08-19-2007, 03:16 PM

Since my neighbors are amish hunters and they shoot any thing thats brown. Ill take the first 8 point by me.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

WhenI first started bowhunting,I shot anything that moved to gain confidence.Five yearsago, I bought my own 135 acres in IL. I shot one doeafter 3 years, just to see if I could still do it. I wanted quality, not quanity. I planted several food plots. I let deer go everytime I hunted. I did a lot of filming. Last year I arrowed two bucks both over 200 lbs. dressed. First one was 18" inside spread8 pointer. The second one was 11 pointer with 23-1/4" inside spread with a 7" drop tine. Both made P&Y.I think you can shoot whatever makes you happy and is legal.I will continueto practice QDM. I want the big ones or nothing at all.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I'm going to try to hold out for at least a six point. There's so many deer there it's sick. Does are going to be all fair game. QDM should be changed to QAM (quality antler management)
Old 08-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Bowhunter2001

WhenI first started bowhunting,I shot anything that moved to gain confidence.Five yearsago, I bought my own 135 acres in IL. I shot one doeafter 3 years, just to see if I could still do it. I wanted quality, not quanity. I planted several food plots. I let deer go everytime I hunted. I did a lot of filming. Last year I arrowed two bucks both over 200 lbs. dressed. First one was 18" inside spread8 pointer. The second one was 11 pointer with 23-1/4" inside spread with a 7" drop tine. Both made P&Y.I think you can shoot whatever makes you happy and is legal.I will continueto practice QDM. I want the big ones or nothing at all.
Respect for going out and getting what makes you happy. It's even sweeter when you really have to work for it.

Good job.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:43 PM

QDM is a whole program of harvest goals, not just letting young bucks walkandonly shooting old bucks. Yes that is part of it, but you also need to harvest a decent number of does every year to balance your buck to doe ratio. If you do this i guarantee you will se a more action packed, fast paced, and more defined rut. If you have to many does the bucks dont have to fight and cruise to find does. The whole herd benifits from qdm, while antlersize may be the most talked about by product of qdm, it is not the only one.

If you hunt for meat, why not take a few doe, instead of a small buck? You will still get you meat, and you will also help your deer herd. QDM is a pratice that consists of many different things to achive overall deer herd health.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ah, from the feel good generation I take it. If it feels good it must be ok. What makes you happy is not what is best for the deer that you hunt that makes you happy in the first place. It's a vicious circle. The real reason most guys can't let 'em go and let 'em grow is because they look like that guy in your pic under your name

with a very warm sensation flowing down their inner thigh and a nice warm loaf in their camo tighty whities when daddy rabbit approaches. It's too much to bear.
Ok so your saying that if I shoot a 110 8 pointer that has the potential to be a giant that it's bad for the deer? Why is it so bad for the deer? I didn't say i'm going out and slaughtering all the deer I see, (which is quite a few) all I said is i'm going to shoot what makes ME happy and if that happens to be that said 8 point I'm going to do it. If I dont like they way it looks I won't shoot. Why do you care what I'm shooting onMY land? Are you planning on hunting it? As for your last sentence I'm a little confused. Are you saying that every time a huge buck comes into view of you (which I'm sure happens all the time) you piss and $hit in your "tighty whities"? Yes guys you can't let a buck grow are guys who look like comedian Chris Farley, that makes so much sense. What does a guy who can let bucks go look like? So please just answer this question,how is shooting a small buck rather than a big buckhurting the herd I hunt?

Quick Reply: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.