Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!! >

Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Too be able to hunt on a piece of property,where you can let the little ones go and wait on a biggun is far and few between in northwest FL--You got to be rich ormighty lucky and I don't qualify for either-would love to be able to! But alot folks don't kill many deer so when they see one its gone! Until the state does something about some kind of limit--more aggressive doe harvest--WELL IN ROME DO AS THE ROMANS
Old 08-19-2007, 01:36 PM

I would be a much bigger supporter of QDM if it wasn't so much about the money. Now, guys have their own standards, and I have absolutely nothing wrong with that. Shoot what you want, I'll shoot what I want. What ticks me off is the regulations that are imposed and color it "for the good of the herd." BS......QDM is about big antlers which generate big money.

Case in point. Missouri has the best population of deer it's EVER enjoyed, and that didn't come from the "help" of antler restrictions; aka, QDM. They CLAIMED the intent of the regulations was to shift the harvest from bucks to does.......Somebody wanna tell me how implementing an antler restriction is gonna do that?? If some one is only shooting a buck, he's not gonna shoot a doe. He's just gonna wait for a legal buck to walk buy. Missouri's herd was doing well before the rule change, which, by the way, is one reason they claim to have made the change. The population was growing too fast....Still is, cause guys still aren't shooting does....They're just waiting on that legal buck.

On top of that, it was only implemented in 19 counties, not the entire state. Does that make sense? They said it was a "testing period." How can you test and get accurate results in only 15% of the state?? And oh, by the way, the counties this was implemented in is already known to produce large bucks. AND....in 2 of the counties with the antler restrictions in place, you can only fill 1 anterless tag, and in half the state you can fill as many as you want. But I thought they said they wanted more does killed??? The whole thing doesn't make any sense, it's all contradicting.

Anyway.........
Old 08-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowKnutt

Too be able to hunt on a piece of property,where you can let the little ones go and wait on a biggun is far and few between in northwest FL--You got to be rich ormighty lucky and I don't qualify for either-would love to be able to! But alot folks don't kill many deer so when they see one its gone! Until the state does something about some kind of limit--more aggressive doe harvest--WELL IN ROME DO AS THE ROMANS
That's a fact...it will require legislation ultimately for hunters to do the right thing. Good luck.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another silver plater private land deer shooterDon't you have more important things to worrie about... Like sweeping out your box blind and getting your bait pile ready...

Old 08-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mr. Longbeard

Another silver plater private land deer shooterDon't you have more important things to worrie about... Like sweeping out your box blind and getting your bait pile ready...
Don't have box blinds and don't have bait piles either...yet another misinformed, confused, media-induced, misconception. I'm just lucky to live in a state with years and years of excellent management practices.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

What makes you happy is not what is best for the deer that you hunt that makes you happy in the first place.
Best according to who? I'm sure the deer would prefer not to be shot at all.

I love it - your way is the only right and mature way. Your message is so strong that you need legislation to inforce it.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:29 PM

That might be a good way to get trophy deer (debatable actually) but it may not be the best way to manage a herd in a particular area.

I highly doubt you will wipe out the deer in your area, at least not where I live. What could happen though is you may pass up too many looking for that perfect mature deer that the population will get out of control and you will either get more crop damage or not have enough food sources to handle the game and they will get sick, which will kill of your deer.

I'll tell you what. You manage the deer the way you want to where you live and I will shoot whatever the DNR tells me I should shoot where I live.

My take on it anyway.

Paul
Old 08-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

when you come pay my all the expenses that I pay to be able to hunt on my land, I'll listen to your harvest "rules"
Old 08-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry, I don't subscribe to antlers having anything to do with health of a deer or its herd, nor its "quality" (?), nor having any bearingon a judgement ofright or wrong.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:53 PM

dont worry about long beard, he is just pissed at the world because he is to lazy to get out and find private land to hunt, so in defense helabels every hunter that dosnt hunt public a killer, and not a deer hunter. He crys alot.

Quick Reply: Let 'em go and let 'em grow!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.