Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you think Scent Lok is a must? >

Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Old 08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it works so well how come I can smell my own farts?? I also can't figure out why the TV guys covered head to toe in the stuff get busted all the time.

What I don't get is when guys wear scent-loc or any other outer wear including boots in the truck while they head out??

I feel better hand washing regular coveralls and letting them air dry. They hang out in plastic totes or bags and I just don't put them on until I'm away from the truck.

I do have a scent-loc day pack just in case it does work at all..
Old 08-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

It may help a little, but not at all a must.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a sham.

1. Activated carbon becomes saturated and cannot be reactivated by a household dryer.

2. It is hanging in the store open and exposed to air so it is probably totally saturated before you even get it home.

3. The amount of carbon that is actually in the lining of this stuff is so scant that even if it weren't already saturated at the time of purchase there is no way it could be of much benefit. And once it quickly becomes saturated it is of no benefit at all.

4. What the TV hunters say about it is worthless. Cut somebody a big check and they will claim anything works. Ever seen an Extenze commercial? LOL! Or a commercial for any of the 15 different miracle weight loss pills out there?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Dr Andy
I agree with Jeff, It's just another piece of the puzzle.

Coudn't have said it better myself. One piece of the scent control puzzle.

Shane
Old 08-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Spike

I dont use it. I do take deer every year without it. I do use scent free deoderant, the cheap stuff arm and hammer from wal-mart. I use any bar soap that is scent free, again arm and hammer, or whatever is on sale. I use scent free detergent, again whatever is on sale. I usually leave my clothes in a big plastic container.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

I fell for it with one set of Scent Blocker. I am not sold on the idea as well. I do like th quality of the clothing but would not pay extra for the carbon activated technology again.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

absolutely not, you dont need it and its not a must, I wear it though and like it.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you're talking about the brand "scent lok", NO its not a must. Being conscience of the importance of scent and practicing good common sense when playing the wind is a must, but wearing all that stupid so-called scent locking clothing is not important at all. Just wear rubber boots, keep your clothes separated from everyday clothes (I use a trashbag and some pine limbs), spray down before you hit the woods, and pick a stand location that won't blow your scent into a bedding area. If you hunt upwind of a bedding area, you'll never see that big mature buck, no matter what kinda fancy clothes you're wearing. Don't waste your money on stupid hunting gimmicks. Indians did it for years without the kind of crap people swear by today. And don't give me any crap about how the deer adapt to today's new age hunters and how the bar is raised by all the new technology, thats dumb. Rubber boots, a good stand location, and a good entry path is all you need. You can swear by that this year and 100 years from now.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

This year I actually bought a pair of Scent Lok pants to go along with my leafyMosy Oak pullover for bowseason. Im going to try, for the firts time, if a baseslayer under the leafy and the pants, and my scentlock face mask help in the slightest bit.

(I got them on sale at Gander Mntn when they had the price tags mixed up on the racks. The manager said that they had to give it to me since it was advertised!)
Old 08-22-2009, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Indians did it for years without the kind of crap people swear by today.
I think you'd be surprised at the scent control measures adopted by the "Indians".

Quick Reply: Do you think Scent Lok is a must?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.